What is Remote Blog Storage (RBS) and what can it do for me? View the second part of this SharePoint Team Blog article.
Additional articles on RBS with SharePoint 2010:
- Plan for RBS
- Manage RBS
- Overview of RBS
- Install and configure RBS
- Install and configure RBS with 3rd party provider
- Set a content database to use RBS
- Migrate content into or out of RBS
- Maintain RBS
- Disable RBS on a content database
It’s also important to note that using an RBS provider, whether the Microsoft one or a third party one, does not increase the data size scalability of SharePoint. All the limits numbers apply whether your data is all in SQL Server or if BLOBs are moved out using an RBS povider. Although there are many benefits of RBS providers, they do not break through the SharePoint supported content database size limits.