I joined the SharePoint Product Management team at Microsoft in late November 2007 and I've been learning lots about software development on the SharePoint Developer Platform. My new job is Sr. Technical Product Manager for SharePoint Developer.
I think this new work will be a lot of fun and I'll be working with some great people. I'm planning to focus on these areas:
- Getting customer feedback on SharePoint Development
- Making the SharePoint developer platform more accessible to and easier to get started with for .NET developers
- Getting more best practice content published on SharePoint Development
- Speaking at various events on SharePoint Development topics
- Working with the dev team. I've spent some time already working with the team on VSeWSS 1.1
- Hanging out on the SharePoint Developer MSDN Forum:
If you think there's something we could do better related to SharePoint Developer or a best practice that needs writing up then please make comments through my blog.
I'll still be doing some work with Windows Workflow Foundation because workflow is a pretty big part of SharePoint Development.