Windows Phone 7.8 update is now available in Pakistan

Windows Phone 7.8 is now officially available on Windows phone 7.5 devices and yes the update has made its way to Pakistan. Thanks to Usama who sits right next to me for spending some time figuring out what to do if you connect device with PC using USB and Zune doesn’t list any update insisting that “There is no update available. Your phone is up-to-date”? He found an old blog post from 7.5 Mango holds true till date,

Precisely the comment by Optimus290 on this thread worked for most of Nokia Lumia 800/900 devices here in Pakistan office (please leave a comment sharing your experience),

“For people who can’t get it to work. Do this. After going to Phone > Settings in zune software do the following.1. Press on update and start counting the no. of seconds till “Your phone is up to date” message appears. Suppose it takes 13 secs for example.2. Click on any link above or below update in sidebar and click update again. Disconnect net just 2 secs before the no. of secs it takes to get the “Your phone is up to date” message. Like in the above example if it takes 13 secs , you should disconnect net at say 11th second. In my case it took me around 21 secs to get “Your phone is up to date”. So when I clicked on update for the second time I disconnected the net on the 18th second and VOILA!Have fun guys! Updating now! :)”

Happy update to Windows Phone 7.8

Edit 1

For those of you from Pakistan (specifically) trying to update Windows Phone 7.5 devices on Windows Phone 7.8 and not sure if the version they are already running is the most updated one or not, here’s the latest firmware rersion number * specification from Nokia,

Product

Description

Latest version (Firmware Revision Number)

Lumia 510

Lumia 800

Country Variant

1750.0823.8852.12430

Lumia 900

Country Variant

2175.2905.8853.12440

* Just in case if you are not familiar this revision number can be checked by navigating to Settings > System (tab), scroll to about > more info

Here’s the link (in case changes occur in future which is likely not the case),

1. saqib says:

doest this work for lumia 510? if not than plz guide

2. Saqib why don't you give it a shot and update the audience as well? In the meanwhile we'll try to grab a 510 set around and test it for you. Happy weekend ahead πŸ™‚

3. saqib says:

Sir i tried but it didnot work. M looking for ur kind guidance

4. windowsphone says:

when will it release for htc

5. mekiyusuf says:

does this work for 610?

6. ali says:

didn't worked for me either

7. aftab says:

m trying it for 710..m unable to make it work!

8. Ehsaan says:

Hello Mr. Usman, please look into my matter. I tried that method 30 to 40 times literally but I always get error after 30 to 40 seconds when i disconnect from internet  that "Can't check for update right now, please try again later. We couldnt check for update service. Disconnect and reconnect your phone, make sure your computer has internet connection, then try installing the update again. 80072EFF"

I am getting daily update notification on my phone and i have also checked nokia pakistan website that update is available and in pakistan region.

PS: I am trying this method for lumia 510 and my firmware # is 1102.0000.8779.12390. Plea

9. waleed says:

mr.usama when i disconnect the internet after sometime network problem message appears.need some help. i m trying it on lumia 800

10. Ehsaan says:

Awesome, love you man, you rocks, this work for me now after doing this : β€œFor people who can't get it to work. Do this. After going to Phone > Settings in zune software do the following.1. Press on update and start counting the no. of seconds till "Your phone is up to date" message appears. Suppose it takes 13 secs for example.2. Click on any link above or below update in sidebar and click update again. Disconnect net just 2 secs before the no. of secs it takes to get the "Your phone is up to date" message. Like in the above example if it takes 13 secs , you should disconnect net at say 11th second. In my case it took me around 21 secs to get "Your phone is up to date". So when I clicked on update for the second time I disconnected the net on the 18th second and VOILA!Have fun guys! Updating now! :)”

11. Muhammad Naveed says:

Great. Got 7.8 update

12. Muzammil says:

Got an update, but version 8783.12 for Lumia 900….will try after some days

Those who are unable to should reconnect the net πŸ˜›

13. will try this on my HTC HD7 – let's see what happens πŸ™‚

14. mehroo says:

its not working for my lumia 800 as i tried so many times…

15. vishal says:

i want 1600.3036.8853.12440 this update for my nokia 710.

so if anybody has this file from navifirm downloaded.

pls. send me link to download to my mail – vish_silky25@yahoo.com

16. aqsa says:

So it's going to work for focus 2 as well?

17. waqar says:

dear brother how can i conect my nokia lumia with my pc

18. Rema Sah says:

Fix to "Nokia Lumia 3g/4g not working"

Watch solution at following youtube video:

19. ABDUL MUGHEEX says:

skype and intagram isn't work on lumia 900 windows 7.8???? Why plss tell

20. zain says:

Plzz try to upgrade lumia 900 7.8 to win 8.1 cuz many peoples are having this phone nd still it didn't support many apps.. N thanks for win 7.8..

Skip to main content