Dependent Picklist (Recurrent problems)

These problems are often  related to authentication issue or configuration issue.

So please follow these steps :

• Connect to the CRM Server, then run deployment manager, select your organization and click browse from the right panel and then navigate to the Dependent Picklist link.
  • Define mapping between « case type » & « priority »:

clip_image002

clip_image004

clip_image006

• Create XML web resource
    • Click on get script button and copy the xml
    • Create a new xml web resource

clip_image008

• Edit case form
    • Edit case form, and click on form properties
    • Add pgs_SDK.DependentOptionSet.js script
    • Then add new function on the form load

clip_image010

• Then click on the form click on “case type” field and add onchange event

clip_image012

• Publish customization
  • Test

Open a case (an existing one or a new one)

clip_image014

clip_image016

clip_image018

1. Thank you! says:

This really is a very elegant solution, I missed two quotes (') on the first attempt but after that it worked like a charm! I had a look at the imported js script and it looks like it's all gobbled up in unreadable characters?!? Maybe it is just me, I like to understand why things are… Again many thanks, Aad (aad@cubeconsulting.nl)

2. Sanjeev says:

Hello, when i publish this under on premises version, my users are getting below error while opening a Form (entity used is Incident).

—————————

Message from webpage

—————————

There was an error with this field's customized event.

Field:window

Event:onload

Error:Access is denied.

—————————

OK

—————————

3. Ash says:

I am getting the same error as mentioned by Sanjeev. This is happening in IE version 9. For version 8, it works fine.

4. Sanjeev says:

Actually the error is coming after

configWR.load(pathToWR);

5. Dennish says:

When I access the page I get

There was an error in the field's customized event

Field:window

Event:onload

Error:'SDK' is undefined

6. Iain says:

How can I configure three filtered picklists?

7. Nick says:

Works like a charm. Thank you.

Iain, did you ever find a solution for the 3 way pick list or even 2 sets of pick lists?

Can anyone explain why you can't run 2 sets of dependent picklists on the same form, eg: Picklist (Case, CaseType) as one, and Picklist2 (classification and sub_classification) as a second one.

It seems that the picklist2 declared last, wins and overwrites the intial picklist1.

Help appreciated.

8. Charith says:

You can do this. You need to include all the xml data in the same web resource and it will work. Do not create separate web resource for dependent options. If you do then the last web resource would win.

Since it's a XML web resource all you have to do is to combine picklist1 and picklist 2 information.

Charith

9. Dhpub says:

I'm having an issue in that when I save an Opportunity (where I'm using this solution) it runs all workflows associated with the opportunity and it executes the stages in the workflow associated with the picklist. Example:

selling_stage set to to deposit received previously. If I re-save the opp (say I change the topic) it reruns the workflow for deposit received and the triggers for it are set to on change and on creation, so it should not be running. I disable the picklist option and it works fine.

10. dmaslen says:

I managed to get two different sets of dependent picklists working on the same form by combining the XML in to one web resource.

I'm still testing, but I have noticed that the OnLoad event takes a big performance hit by doing so however. The form load time is much longer now.

11. Alok says:

I never got this working.

After selecting the Primary Picklist or/and Related Picklist, the picklist values dont show up in the below box.

12. Max says:

Any way to get this to work in Chrome or Firefox?