Insider Fast release notes: 15.36 (170606)

Exciting update this week! Here's a look at the top improvements and fixes in 15.36 (170606):

New feature:

Top bug fixes and improvements:

• Send Later: when canceling send, the draft will be opened for editing instead of permanently deleted; details here
  • New Sidebar: after creating or renaming a mail folder, keyboard focus is now retained on the folder
  • Outlook no longer intermittently prompts for outlook.office365.com certificate, fixing known issue from last week
  • When accepting an update to an occurrence of a meeting series, Outlook no longer prompts to first re-accept the series
  • Search People buttons in email compose can now be reached via tab when keyboard access is set to All Controls
  • When adding a POP email account, Outlook no longer hangs indefinitely once Add Account is pressed
  • VoiceOver now reads the Message Preview for each email when navigating the Message List

Other notes:

• For any issues, please use Help > Contact Support
  • For feature requests, please use Help > Suggest a Feature
  • For weekly updates with the latest features and fixes listed here, join Insider Fast!
  • Want to try Outlook but don’t have a subscription or license? Get Outlook Preview!

1. Philip Prete says:

When will outlook totally sync with iCloud mail/cal/contacts?

1. Hi Phillip. No timeline to share. Now that Google Calendar and Contacts is available in Insider Fast, we’re focusing on responding to feedback and improving the experience to expand to more users. Syncing calendar an contacts for iCloud is the next most popular service to support per our UserVoice site.

1. David Dempsey says:

Jeff, I’m on Insider Fast, but haven’t gotten access to calendar syncing for Google Calendar or Contacts. I know that’s being rolled out to users over the course of time, but is there a timetable to expect (for everyone)?

1. Hi David. Google Calendar and Contacts support is rolled out to 100% of Insider Fast users. No timetable to share for roll-out beyond Fast. Additionally, the feature is available to Office 365 subscribers only. You can check under Outlook > About Outlook to see your license type. For any further help, please message us within Outlook via Help > Contact Support.

1. Chen Hajaj says:

It won’t be released for the Volume License license type?
            I’ve been waiting for it for a long time and joined insider fast just to get it.

2. Hi Chen. There is no timeline for Volume License support. Office 365 subscribers are the first to receive new features. Appreciate your interest.

2. Fred GOUNARD says:

Hi,

I installed this 15.36 (170606) version yesterday. Stability is a nightmare.
    Whatever Excel, PowerPoint, Word, they crash after few minutes.
    For example Copy/Paste 3 times, and for sure the applications crashes.

I can’t work since I have installed the update. I don’t know how to go back to the previous version waiting a fix for the current one.

It’s critical you propose a fix ASAP guys !!

Let me know if you need any information from me (crash report,…).

I look forward to see an update by today 😉
    Fred

3. Fred GOU says:

Hi,

I installed this 15.36 (170606) version yesterday. Stability is a nightmare.
    Whatever Excel, PowerPoint, Word, they crash after few minutes.
    For example Copy/Paste 3 times, and for sure the applications crashes.

It’s critical you propose a fix ASAP guys !!

Let me know if you need any information from me (crash report,…).

I look forward to see an update by today 😉
    Fred

1. Hi Fred. Thanks for reporting this crash. We’re releasing a fix shortly, so you should see new updates available for Insider Fast soon.

1. franco says:

HI I was going to install the June 08 Fast insider release, but saw the issue re crashes. I don’t want to install if not corrected. Can you please advise if the stability issues are corrected?

Franco

1. Hi Franco. The 15.36 (170608) update fixes the crash in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experienced in the prior update, 15.36 (170606). So please update to 170608 (June 08) for the fix.

1. franco says:

Thanks Jeffrey. Will do.

F.

4. Ruben says:

Favorite Folder is not fixed in the upper side of the window. It is not useful.
    Send later is not available yet, even i’m i the insider fast

1. Sunder Raman says:

Can you clarify your comment about Favorites? Sounds like you expect it will be persistent when scrolling the Sidebar? Send later requires Office 365 Subscription and Exchange 2016 CU5+ / Office 365 / Outlook.com email accounts. Can you please contact us using Help > Contact Support if you have activated using subscription and have one of these email accounts but are not seeing send later?

5. Michael Schomburg says:

Awesome, been wanting this one forever!

6. Andrew says:

Hi, quick question – these notes appear to be solely about Outlook. However, the 6/8 release contains updates for PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Where may I read those?

1. Hi Andrew. This MSDN blog is for Outlook for Mac only. We post updates about new features and release notes for Insider Fast updates. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for Mac don’t post release notes for Insider Fast currently, but it’s something they may consider in the future.

7. Neeraj Sharma says:

Post update of the Outlook , i started seeing Favourite folder but got disappeared after sometime. I again updated Outlook with the new Fix and started seeing it BUT unfortunately Favourite folder disappeared again. It stay for very short period (couple of days)

1. Thanks for the post, Neeraj. Please message us within Outlook via Help > Contact Support for assistance with Favorites.

1. Neeraj Sharma says:

I did contact support and i had been told to apply the new updates , post that i started seeing the favourite. But again it got vanished within 3-4 days , also there is change in icon type post the update (looks better) that also goes back to old version.
        I did a bit of exercise on my own and put existing applications in a different folder on Mac then downloaded the update, which is again installed as new Applications. i think may work it will take any old application cache etc.

Skip to main content