Update 7/11/2017: Details on using star to add / remove favorites. Known issues updated.
We are excited to announce another highly requested feature is now available: Favorites! This feature will be available in Insider Fast update 15.36.17606 rolling out today.
How does it work?
Select “Add to Favorites” in the context menu / File menu of any folder or using the star icon:
The folder will show up under Favorites at the top of the Sidebar:
To remove from Favorites, select “Remove from Favorites” in the context menu / File menu / star icon of the folder you want to remove:
- Favorites are local-only; thus, Favorites added in Outlook for Windows or web don’t show up on Mac and Favorites on Mac don’t roam
- We are working to enable this in the future
- Dynamic folders like Online Archive and Smart Folders cannot be added to Favorites
The following have been addressed:
- Favorites can be added and removed via context menu / menu; drag & drop support coming soon - done
- Favorites are sorted alphabetically; support for re-ordering is coming soon - done
- Groups can only be added to Favorites using the File > Folder menu; context menu support coming soon - done