Insider Fast release notes: 15.35 (170503)

<Updated 5/4 with Known issue>

Welcome to May and version 15.35! Here's a quick look at the top fixes in this week's update: 15.35 (170503):

Updates on known issues from last week:

• Office add-ins are now back in the Ribbon in the main and compose email views
  • Outlook no longer crashes when clicking on a contact in the @mentions people picker

Top bug fixes:

• Shared and delegated accounts are now properly removed when access is revoked, preventing repeated server calls
  • In calendar view, you can now reduce the window height beyond the height of the mini-calendar in the sidebar
  • Delegates can now send email on behalf of principals when having access to the principals' inbox but not sent items

Known issue:

• Inline .jpeg images increase in size when replying to email sent from Outlook for Windows
    • We have a fix already and expect to release in the next update

Other notes:

• Starting in this update, we're rolling out a brief one-question survey asking for feedback on Outlook
  • For any issues, please use Help > Contact Support
  • For feature requests, please use Help > Suggest a Feature
  • Want weekly updates with the latest features and fixes listed here? Join Insider Fast today!
  • Want to try Outlook but don't have a subscription or license? Get our Preview today!

1. Benjamin Amsaleg says:

Well… I still do not see “Office add-ins in the Ribbon in the main and compose email views”… Is it limited to US language version (I work in French)? I would love to see that! Can you help?

1. Thanks for the comment, Benjamin. Add-ins shouldn’t be dependent on language. Please message us via Help > Contact Support for help.

2. Dave Edmiston says:

I still don’t see Read-Receipts. I’ve looked in the Options tab and in the Draft menu, but I don’t see this feature in either place.

1. Sunder Raman says:

Hi Dave, are you on Insider Fast channel? Have you activated using Office 365 Subscription? If it’s yes to both, please contact us using Help > Contact Support.

1. Dave Edmiston says:

I just heard back from Support. I’m on Office 365, but my license is activated through a corporate volume license, so no read-receipts for me. I don’t understand what the license has to do with this feature though. Any estimate on when it will be activated for corporate accounts?

3. Alejo's says:

Hi Jeffrey, Outlook is crashing again right at launch. It doesn’t even open, same behavior that we had about 3 weeks ago with Exchange users, the only difference this time is the error. Please note that I do not get to talk to anyone from support (Help > Contact Support) to raise the issue. Here is part of the error:

Process: Microsoft Outlook [10747]
    Path: /Applications/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Outlook
    Identifier: com.microsoft.Outlook
    Version: 15.35 (15.35.17050300)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: Microsoft Outlook [10747]
    User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2017-05-04 16:28:15.920 -0400
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.4 (16E195)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: AC61F358-2A2A-6893-30C8-CB226E7F2C8A

Time Awake Since Boot: 25000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:
    dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
    Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_OlkMailHeaderViewController
    Referenced from: /Applications/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Outlook
    Expected in: /Applications/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/OlkUIKit.framework/Versions/A/OlkUIKit
    in /Applications/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Outlook

Binary Images:
    ……

1. Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the repeated crashing. We’re investigating.

1. This may be an installation issue. You can remove the Outlook app (drag to Trash) then download the latest production version here. After installing, run AutoUpdate again (Help > Check for Updates in any Office app) to get 15.35 (170503) for Insider Fast users. Let us know how it goes.

1. One more thing to help with investigating: If you haven’t already removed the offending Outlook app, please send your OlkUIKit file located here:
          /Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Frameworks/OlkUIKit.framework/Versions/A
          You can get to the file by clicking “Show Package Contents” in the context menu of Microsoft Outlook.app in the Applications folder, and navigating to the folder above.
          Please send file as attachment to: macolkfeedback AT microsoft DOT com

4. Lou Wheatcraft says:

My Outlook will not connect to the server to send or receive emails. The problem seemed to occur more and more over the last several months. MacOS Mail has no problems and I have had to use Mail to send and receive my emails given Outlook is not working. Another problem is that Outlook will not quite. I get a message that it is not responding! After today’s update none of the other Office 365 apps will quite either, even when I try to force quit them. I tried to send an error report, but given that Outlook will not connect to the server, the report can not be sent. Please help!!

Office 365 15.35 (170503) MacOS 10.12.4

1. Thanks for the comment, Lou. If possible, please attempt to message us via Contact Support. Even if you’re not connected to your mail account, you should be able to send us a support message as it doesn’t send via your email. If Outlook is Not Responding (spinning beachball) please take a Process Sample: launch Activity Monitor, search for Outlook, select it, click Gear icon and “Sample Process”. Then you can force quit Outlook, relaunch, and Contact Support.

1. Lou Wheatcraft says:

When I try to send the sample process file I just get a spinning wheel. It does not get sent to you. All the MS apps now freeze when I quit them with an indication of application not responding. After 3-4 min the applications quit. No matter what I try, Outlook will not connect to the server. It used to, but not after the last several updates.

1. To clarify, are you trying to send the process sample via Contact Support (you can attach a file there) or via email in Outlook? Contact Support is the preferred way to interact with our support and engineering teams. If you can’t reach Contact Support, you can email the process sample as an attachment to macolkfeedback AT microsoft DOT com from another app or email in your browser. Thanks for your patience.

1. Lou Wheatcraft says:

I sent the files to the email you said to send them to on May 5. I have not yet received any response. It is very frustrating to not be able to use Outlook to send or receive emails. Please help!! Should I uninstall all Microsoft Office products, reboot, and then reinstall them? Would deleting the preference files help as a less intrusive solution?

2. Thanks for the post. We did receive your email, and we are investigating. Apologies for the frustration, hopefully we can isolate the issue soon. I’ll also look into what would be the best workaround to get you going.

5. YM says:

Just installed this version and I don’t like how it’s changed the “Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts” into just a simpler “show all account folders”.
    In the prior version, I could see the inboxes separately at the top. Now it just merges the inboxes into one generic inbox. Please, please revert to the old way, or give me the option of selecting the old way!

1. Matt Ocko says:

Strongly agree w/ YM’s post. For those of us with separate inboxes, this is not a welcome change – and it appears less stable.

1. Sunder Raman says:

You can add individual inboxes as Favorites now. Please give that a try – right click folder and select ‘Add to Favorites’ or click the star icon or File > Folder > Add to Favorites.

Thanks.

2. Deepak says:

I also strongly agree with YM. I would like the old look back again.

6. Bilou says:

2 Issues noticed with google based accounts with the google preview configuration:

Signed messages:
    When I receive a signed message which has an attachment (a pdf). Attachment appears as a smime.p7m file and cannot be opened.
    attachment is normal when message is unsigned and can be opened. If google account is configured manually using imap, no issues.

Folders:
    Option to create / move / copy / delete folders are greyed out . it has to be done manually via gmail web interface. If google account is configured manually using imap, no issues.

1. Thanks for your comment, Bilou. We are tracking both issues. Will post to this blog when we have more updates to share.

7. Dan Fishbach says:

Preview pane not loading next message when clicking on a different message.

1. Hi Dan, can you message us via Help > Contact Support to provide more assistance? Thanks!

8. Jared says:

Cough.. Exchange 2013 Archive Button Support.. Cough…. Still waiting and praying.
    I think there is still over 100 million people using this exchange?? Its working for outlook mobile just fine, and ewwww yahoo and google customer.
    But not your own exchange users!

Where do i need to have the pizza’s delivered to get this done.

1. Luis says:

Hello

Search is not working…..i already force indexing more than 10 times
      Any help ?

1. Hi Luis, please message us via Help > Contact Support within Outlook for help.

9. Jeff Savage says:

In Outlook I still can’t create subfolders to store mail in. I need to use another program to do this and then come back to outlook

1. Hi Jeff, please message us via Help > Contact Support within Outlook for help.

10. Dan Goertz says:

I’m unable to reply to emails. It sends them to the draft folder and they are never sent.

1. Hi Dan. Please message us within Outlook via Help > Contact Support for help.

11. tom virden says:

Hello,

I am also having trouble connecting to the server after updating outlook. No problems with iPhone, just outlook. Is there a workaround? always frustrating when Microsoft update stuff which wasn’t broken, then it breaks 🙁

1. Sorry for the frustration, Tom. Please message us within Outlook via Help > Contact Support for further assistance.

12. MiSoBe says:

please please please bring back “Group similar folders, such as inboxes, from different accounts”. “Show all account folders” is terrible in comparison.

Skip to main content