Outlook for Mac 2016 now supports Office 365 Groups (Insider Fast)
We are pleased to announce we now have support for Groups in Outlook for Mac! This feature is currently available to Office Insiders in the Fast level and will roll out to production in the near future. Groups in Outlook for Mac is only available to Office 365 subscribers.
**For those who are not familiar with Groups, Groups platform brings together 1) conversations and calendar from Outlook, 2) files from SharePoint, and 3) a shared OneNote into a single collaboration space. Users will be able to engage with group members right from the group’s inbox, view group conversations with full history. For more info, refer to this page.
If you’re already a member of a group, Groups will automatically appear in the left navigation pane.
But if you’re not a member of any groups, join one through Outlook on the web (Support article link)
Scenarios to try out:
- View your top 10 list of groups in the left navigation pane.
- Select a group in the left navigation pane to view conversations and attachments in the group shared space
- Compose/Reply/Forward messages and send attachments.
- Groups calendar view is out of scope for V1 release.
- Scenarios that not enabled yet but are slated for V1 release:
- Add groups events to your personal calendar
- View group details, and manage my subscription settings from the group card
- View entry points to other group workloads and navigate to them from the group card
We’d love feedback – please submit it through “Contact support”