One of the new features we’ve implemented in OneNote 2010 is the ability to use predefined styles. This is a great way to keep formatting consistent across your notes. There are 11 new styles available for use. Here’s what they look like:
- A style is applied to the entire paragraph.
- You can select multiple paragraphs and apply the style to each of the selected paragraphs.
- You can apply the style by clicking on the desired style in the Home tab.
- Any of the following styles can be applied by pressing the appropriate keystroke:
- Heading 1 <Ctrl + Alt + 1>
- Heading 2 <Ctrl + Alt + 2>
- Heading 3 <Ctrl + Alt + 3>
- Heading 4 <Ctrl + Alt + 4>
- Heading 5 <Ctrl + Alt + 5>
- Heading 6 <Ctrl + Alt + 6>
- Normal <Ctrl + Shift + N>
- With the exception of the Normal style, none of the styles are customizable.
- To customize the Normal style, click File -> Options -> select the desired font, size and color.