Hi! This is Sameeksha from the OneNote Storage and Collaboration team!
In an effort to boost the productivity of engineering professionals, we have created the OneNote add-in for AutoCAD.
The add-in is available for download in the AutoDesk app store (details below).
What is AutoCAD?
- AutoCAD is the most popular software used by architecture, engineering and construction professionals to create 2D and 3D drawings.
- It is used by millions of professionals around the world.
What does the OneNote add-in for AutoCAD do?
- Our OneNote add-in for AutoCAD allows professionals to take notes in OneNote alongside their drawings in AutoCAD.
- Notes are automatically saved to the cloud.
How does it look?
This is how it looks in the AutoCAD software:
Let me see some code!
We have open-sourced this add-in on GitHub: OneNote-For-AutoCAD
Check out the code to see the integration with AutoCAD and calls to the OneNote API. You can use the code in OneNoteManager.cs to bootstrap your own OneNote C# projects.
How do I install and use it?
- To see the add-in working on your local machine, you will need AutoCAD installed (trial/full version, AutoCAD 2013 or above).
- Download and install the add-in from the AutoDesk app store here.
- The OneNote add-in will be visible in the Add-ins tab.
You can also see the add-in in action in this video.
We would love to hear any suggestions you have, to make this add-in better!
Thanks for your time!