When should I use .NET Core?
Here are the six typical scenarios where you should consider using .NET Core instead of .NET Framework or Xamarin:
- Cross-Platform Needs
- Best performant and scalable systems
- Command line style development for Mac, Linux or Windows
- Need side by side of .NET versions per application level
- Windows 10 UWP .NET apps
You can read details about each scenario through this URL.
When should I NOT use .NET Core?
Here are the five typical scenarios where you should NOT use .NET Core:
- Current .NET Framework applications in Production / Migrations
- New large monolithic applications
- Need full capabilities of higher level frameworks like Entity Framework 6.x, WCF and Windows Workflow Foundation.
- Need sub-frameworks not supported by .NET Core.
- Possible frameworks to be ported to .NET Core