Since it's almost Christmas, here is what I want from Santa.
- A button that will prevent people from including me in the reply to an email (I call this the remove me from thread button)
- Here in Hotmail you get these ridiculously long threads that you get added to for no good reason, or you answer a question being asked, but then you proceed to get 500 responses as the issue drags on and on.
- A button that will prevent people from doing a “Reply All“ to an e-mail.
- Some times you just don't want people to abuse email and Reply All to threads, or they accidentally Reply All rather than Little-R to a thread
- Managed Programmability support (Current situation with PIAs is no good).
- Project Management features like Entourage.
- better IMAP.
- RSS Reader.
- Support Internet Style replies (Plain Text messages where quoted text goes on the bottom and messages are quoted using >.
- Support for Format-Flowed [Thanks to Dan Crevier for catching my mistake earlier and saying Quoted Printable]
- A single mail editor that works well, and doesn't have toolbars that move randomly (Word Mail).
- A single mail editor that generated XHTML compact output.
It's a modest list with nothing fancy. Just the things that would make me happy. I could go on and on...