If you hury, PCMall has 28 in stock and ready to ship. I just ordered mine, Wohoo! Should be here Tuesday or Wed.
Update: PCMall screwed up my order and I'm filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Here were the chain of events:
- Ordered Camera Saturday morning. 29 in stock.
- Checked order status on Saturday evening and it said that it was Waiting for customer and it did not ship.
- I called them to inquire and they said that they called me to verify the order (since it was over $1000) and I was not there to answer. Checked my caller ID, and no one called. But they said to call Monday and speak to credit dept.
- Called sunday to make sure that they were holding a camera for me while this was sorted out. They said yes, no problem, it would ship monday when I called.
- Called monday. Item is out of stock, and they kept transfering me to people who weren't answering the phone. I left a message for the manager who never returned my call.
This story does have a good ending though. Many months ago I placed my name on a waiting list at Roberts Imaging on the recomendation of Rob Vreeland. Well, they called me a few minutes ago, and are shipping my camera kit FedEX overnight and I'll have it tomorrow. Wohoo!
Now off to the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint against PCMall.