(Make sure you've read Part 1 for background information.)
On the subject of where they would go in a time machine, many students wrote well-thought-out essays, beautifully composed.
These sentences below did not come from those essays.
I've categorized the snippets roughly by theme, though I had to guess at some of them since the sentences are taken out of context. (In a futile attempt to assist non-native speakers, I have glossed some of the trickier parts. I've also added editorial comments in italics.)
- I would be honored to the time machine
- I am highly regarded to be selected to this experimental journey.
- At the , we will begin our mission.
Personal History: These are essays from students who would travel to their own past.
- In 5th grade you are at the top of the school, and you feel the power you.
- Now, if we fall asleep in class we get in trouble. But in kindergarten if we didn't fall asleep we would get in trouble.
- She would work in little picking fruit for her family.
- I have 4 things in my life. Soccer, family, God, and school. In that order.
- If I could find a way to impel paranormal powers to ignite in ones body X-Men comics for a while.) them to do incredible feats, I would be ecstatic to the point of bliss. (This same student wanted Jesus to teach him how to walk on water. This student also wanted control over magnetism. I think he needs to lay off the
The Middle Ages: The students recently studied the Middle Ages, which helps to explain why so many of them chose to go there.
- And at that time in history, everything was changing either for the good or the bad. (Whoa there, let's not say anything too controversial now.)
- In Europe during the 1700's there were 5 sections in the social class: 1=Monarchs, 2=Lords & Nobles, 3=knights, 4= . (What happened to number five?)
- I find Middle Aged Europe very stimulating.
- France is near water so I will feel more at home.
- We have recently the Middle Ages.
- King Arthur may have won some battles without the use of fiction.
- In 1550 I would choose to go to Spain because nobody really lived in N. American then.
- I would learn a lot to the times. I would even come back and write essay about it!
- I'd have benefit in watching a mock battle between two knights on horseback with lances. (I may be wrong, but I think the battles in the Middle Ages were for real.)
- It was sick and but really a thing to remember.
- And I would go to because Britan was back in 1616.
United States(?) History
- Also, to investigate how the family worked [in Pilgrim times], to see if they fought less because they had no appliances to fight over.
- If I could go anywhere I would choose Boston, England.
- I want to see what happened when Ben Franklin flew his kite in the rain. For this reason I would go to England.
- Though War is Hell, I still would be anxious to see a real one. (Try watching the evening news.)
- I wish the great depression, but it did. (Even after you fill in the missing words, it's still funny.)
- Because California is a very interesting and mindblowing city.
- In 1961 everything including life was simple.
- Hopefully the president at their time isn't an idiot and stops the first power plant ever built.
- I want to the Great Babe .
- Besides the Stealer fans nobody like the Stealers.
- It was like a family at disneyland.
I'll stop here before Itoo much. We'll learn more about seventh graders and time machines in the next installment.