This amused me today from a friend of mine who noticed this. A job application on the Google website for the “Executive Assistant to the Executive Director, Google.org – San Francisco“
Check out point 3 from the mandatory job qualifications:
- 5-8 years administrative experience in a fast-paced, high-tech environment; non-profit experience is a plus.
- BA/BSc degree from a top-tier university.
Proven mastery of Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency.
- Interest and experience in interacting with all levels and departments within a company – to include working with several field offices, domestic and international.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
The implication seems clear – if they have “interest and experience in using technology to improve work efficiency” they’ll need to be Microsoft Office experts.