Continuing my series of blogcast demos, this week I am talking about business intelligence, showing how customers can derive more value from their data and turn information into insight.
Things I cover in this demo:
- Report Center in SharePoint Server
- Webparts in SharePoint Server
- Excel services, publishing spreadsheets to the browser
- Using Excel to drill down into external data and using the new
- Linking to external data with the Business Data Catalogue
- Creating custom lists, KPI lists and performance dashboards
- Searching external data using the BDC
- Linking to workflow and forms
The two main elements I talk about are using Excel Services and also the Business Data Catalogue. Both of these features of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 require the Enterprise CAL for SharePoint.
To play the video click here
(I recommend hitting ctrl-shift-G to watch it speeded up)
Other video demos I have done: