For the launch of Exchange Server 2007, Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system, I put together this demo and have been hawking it round pretty much every event since (well that’s just good reuse right?).
This demo required a fair amount of stuff installed on the virtual PC including Exchange Server 2007 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) as well as SQL Server 2005 with analysis services running on it.
The demo was designed to give an integrated view of how all these technologies might work together in 20 minutes. It was also aimed at a business decision maker audience for the Business Value launch event held on November 5th.
A great place to get trials and download versions of all these products is here at the ready for a new day launch site.
- Vista desktop, gadgets
- Outlook to do bar, infopath forms in mail, unified messaging
- Vista search and previews
- SharePoint expertise (people) search, mysites, blogs, slide libraries
- PowerPoint 2007 ribbon, smart art
- Excel Services
- Windows Meeting Space
- Business dashboards
- Excel 2007 data visualisation
- Document libraries offline
- Word 2007 document information panel
- Groove integration to SharePoint
Anyway here is the demo. I strongly advise you to watch this in fast play mode (hit ctrl-shift-G when it starts playing).