NO PURCHASE NECCESARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible for this offer.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft OfficePalooza sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we” “our” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You,” “yourself,” “I,” “me,” and “my” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
1. WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 AM PT on April 20, 2009 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on May 1, 2009 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
§ You are a professional or hobbyist engaged in the field of technology development; and
§ You are 18 years of age or older at time of entry; and
§ You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
§ You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
§ You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
§ You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries/regions: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. This promotion is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA. U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Therefore residents of those countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
§ You are NOT a resident of the province of Quebec, Canada.
This Sweepstakes is void outside the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
To enter online, you must have access to Office 2007 or later. Once you have verified that you meet these system requirements, you must do all of the following:
1. Visit the OfficePalooza Website at: http://blogs.msdn.com/officepalooza.
2. Select at least one of the twenty (20) programming challenges and complete the task according to the instructions provided.
3. When you have finished your challenge, submit your results before the specified deadline for that particular challenge by emailing the entry according to the instructions provided on the website.
Upon completing at least one (1) challenge, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes regardless of if your entry successfully solves the challenge.
We will only accept one (1) entry per person regardless of the number of challenges you participate in.
In other words, two people may not enter using the same email address – you each must enter using a unique email address. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
· Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
· Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
Two Hundred (200) First Prizes. An OfficePalooza 4 GB Memory Stick. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $ 20.00.
One Hundred (100) Second Prizes. An OfficePalooza Digital Photo Keychain. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US $ 15.00.
We will only award one (1) prize per person during the Entry Period.
The prize will be awarded to the winning individual. We will not be responsible for any disputes arising between individual employees and their respective employers.
If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value as permitted.
If you are selected as a potential winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
On or around May 14, 2009 we, or a company acting under our authorization, will select 300 potential winners in a random drawing from all eligible entries received.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) listed on your entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate randomly selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes, or the person residing at the mailing address listed on your mail-in entry.
If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and W-9 tax form. If you are a potential winner and you are a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate winner.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
· To abide by these Official Rules; and
· To release and hold harmless Microsoft, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
· That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
· That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
If you send an e-mail to the e-mail address below on or before July 1, 2009, we will provide you with a list of winners that received a prize.
Attn: OfficePalooza (WINNER)
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052