The developer training for Office and SharePoint 2013 now contains updated information about new features and capabilities for Office and SharePoint developers. In this post, learn about the 20 training modules, meet the presenters, and find answers to frequently asked questions.
We are excited to announce a refreshed version of the developer training materials for Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013 to help administrators, architects, and developers learn about new developer capabilities. The developer training package is publicly available from the Apps for Office and SharePoint Dev Center to help you get started building apps for Office and SharePoint today.
What was released?
The original training package released at Preview in July 2012 contained in-depth developer training content for many new features in Office and SharePoint. This version refreshes the previously released training package and provides updated materials to match the release-to-market (RTM) version of Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013. All videos are instructor-led and include slide shows. Most videos contain at least one demo that shows the concepts in detail.
The developer training package includes:
- 56 videos
- Over 20 hours of video instruction
The material is separated into the following 20 modules. Each module contains one or more videos lasting anywhere from five minutes to an hour.
- Introduction to Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013 development
- Develop apps for Office 2013
- Create document-based apps for Office 2013
- Create mail apps for Outlook 2013
- SharePoint 2013 app model for developers
- SharePoint 2013 developer tools
- Create SharePoint-hosted apps in SharePoint 2013
- Create cloud-hosted apps for SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 client object model (CSOM) and REST APIs
- OAuth and application identity in SharePoint 2013
- Develop SharePoint 2013 remote event receivers
- Workflow changes and features in SharePoint 2013
- Business Connectivity Services changes in SharePoint 2013
- Search features and changes in SharePoint 2013
- Enterprise content management changes in SharePoint 2013
- Social features in SharePoint 2013
- Office Services in SharePoint 2013
- Create mobile apps for SharePoint 2013
- Project 2013 training for developers
- Create apps with Access Services 2013
View the content in a Windows app!
This app lets you view the developing apps for Office and SharePoint videos and save your progress as you work through the entire course. Stop viewing any video in any module, and you can return later.
The app is free, just search the Windows Store for Apps for Office and SharePoint Developer Training or download using a direct link (http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/apps-for-office-and-sharepoint/c1b52a94-42ff-44a1-b085-065d33367e4d).
Who are the presenters?
The presenters in the refreshed version are slightly different from those in the Preview version. All presenters work for Microsoft and have been closely involved with the 2013 product releases since the early alpha versions of the product. Here’s a short introduction to each of the presenters.
Keenan is a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft based in Redmond, Washington. Keenan is responsible for the coordination of the content.
Jan is a Product Marketing Manager based in Redmond, Washington.
Richard is a Productivity Architect at the Microsoft Technology Center in Irving, Texas.
Nathan is a Technology Sales Professional at Microsoft based in Irving, Texas.
Kirk is a Principal Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft based in Irving, Texas.
Frequently asked questions
Here are some frequently asked questions related to the refreshed package.
Q. Is there a download option for the videos?
A. Unfortunately, no. These videos are currently available only online.
Q. Are the presentations or demos available for download?
A. Unfortunately, no. Most demos are shown in their entirety within the video or created from scratch for you to re-create.
For related code samples that you can download, visit the Apps for Office and SharePoint samples page.