We have ben talking about Windows Embedded Compact 7 for some time now, with several beta made available to the OEMs in the last months. Well, the product has now been released and is available to the public!
This new version provides some great tools and features updates like new tools for developing Silverlight for Windows Embedded applications, SMP (Symmetric MultiProcessing) support, DLNA support, MTP support, … Microsoft has been investing more and more in the embedded space over the past 15 years and this will definitively not stop here.
In the videos below you will see D’Arcy Salzmann, senior product manager discussing Compact 7 features and benefits, and Beckhoff Industrial Automation illustrating their recent innovation utilizing Compact 7.
- Customizing Your Browser in Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Data Binding in Silverlight for Windows Embedded
- Introduction to Silverlight for Windows Embedded
- Programming with Symmetric Multi-Processing API in Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Testing with Compact Test Kit in Windows Embedded Compact 7
- Utilizing 2.5D Projection in Silverlight for Windows Embedded
You can also go download the eval version (fully functional) that provides a Virtual PC Board Support Package allowing you to do testing with Virtual devices.