Windows for Devices just published an interesting article about a research from VDC on the embedded market trends.
- COMs gain traction as time-to-market accelerators for OEMs
- PC/104 module family under pressure
- Asia continues to rise in the development of embedded technology
- China’s growth will power MCU market
- Suppliers will invest in services value chain
- FPGA and GPU will expand into a number of market segments
- Tier 2/Tier 3 OEMs and ISVs will become more important
- The market explores HaaS (Hardware as a Service) bundles
- Cross-platform processor suppliers learn to play nice
- Competition will intensify and growth will accelerate
- Android to catalyze further growth in commercial Linux market
- Multi-OS systems will grow in designs
- Virtualization in embedded and mobile systems will increase
- Symbian’s loss to become MeeGo’s gain
- OEMs to increase focus on the use of web security test tools
- Telecom vertical will reaccelerate spend on commercial products
- Microsoft will regain relevance in the mobile phone sector
- Another acquisition to come?
You can find the more detailed article here.
I am curious to know what you think of this?