That’s right, the first 40 students
to publish 3 Windows Phone Apps
between 1-Aug and 30-September
will each WIN a NOKIA LUMIA 710!
40x Nokia Lumia 710 Windows Phones up for grabs.
Don’t miss out.
All you need to do is take the leap.
Start building great apps for the Windows Phone Marketplace.
So if you have the time (and can come up with three ideas) there is no reason to put it off any longer! For those new to the platform, Windows Phone development is completed using easy tools, Visual Studio 2010 and Expression Blend, both available as free versions to develop for the phone. Use Silverlight and XNA to build rich, immersive experiences in the languages you know, C#, VB.Net. And with exposure to a global market there is a huge opportunity to be the next Angry Birds.
If you’re stuck and looking for resources, just do a quick search and you will find a plethora of training material – but to get you started, check out:
- Jump Start Training Sessions
- Mini Training Videos
- MSDN Resources
- Absolute Beginner videos
- App Hub Registration Walkthrough
- App Hub FAQ
- Resources from our latest Student workshop
Stay tuned to our Student Facebook page where you can post questions and stay up to date with the latest technology announcements.
So what do I have to do?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are taking part. Just send us your full name, email address, cellphone number, and a brief description of the apps you plan on building.
Following this, we will send regular updates on the status of the competition until all 40 phones have been given away.
Then get started on your 3 applications, and publish them to the Windows Phone Marketplace before 30 September 2012.
The winners will be the first 40 competitors to email three links (to their three applications on the Marketplace) to email@example.com. If the link is not yet active, it will not count until the application is live on the Marketplace.
For further specifications, read all the knitty gritty in the terms and conditions below.
This competition is very much a race.
On your marks, get set, GO…
Windows Phone Competition – Terms and Conditions:
1. To be eligible – you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Market Place Account
2. To be eligible for the Nokia Lumia 710, you must have 3 new published Windows Phone application anytime between the 1st of August 2012 to 30th September 2012
3. Entries must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to all three applications on the Market Place and a short one line sentence describing the application
4. Valid applications must be published under the same Windows Marketplace account, and must be submitted from the same email address.
5. Each application submitted cannot be a follow-my-feed, app-maker, or other online-tool-created applications.
6. Each application must be different from each other and follow a different theme.
7. The judges reserve the right not to select a winner if entries are judged not to be of the required standard.
8. Restrictions on Applications: Applications must be free for Marketplace users to download
9. Competitors can win a maximum of one phone
10. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
11. By entering this prize draw you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
12. Each emailed entry up to the first 40 competitors with three new published apps will receive 1 Nokia Lumia 710
13. Winners will be notified no later then the 5th of October 2012 via the email or contact phone number provided.
14. Prizes will be delivered to each winner at a New Zealand address (as advised by the winner) at Microsoft’s expense.
15. Only people living in New Zealand are eligible to win. Employees and independent contractors (and each of their immediate family members) of Microsoft are not eligible to enter.
16. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
17. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
18. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prized for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
19. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the market place account used to publish the Windows Phone Application. Applications submitted in to the draw must be by the actual owner of the Market Place Account.
20. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms & conditions without notice. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
22. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contracts of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
23. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
24. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
25. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com.