We’re running a competition for Kiwi app developers where you have the chance to win either a Nokia 1520 smartphone, a Dell Venue8 Pro tablet or one of 50 BOOMPODS foldable headphones!
What do you have to do in order to win one of these amazing prizes? All you need to do is:
- Submit a new Windows 8.1 or a Windows Phone 8.1 app or;
- Upgrade your existing Windows or Windows Phone apps to 8.1 and then submit it to us
Submit your entry to by posting the store link to your app our brand new Facebook page called Kiwi Apps and then drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know that your masterpiece is live in the store before 6pm on Friday 14th November 2014!
We’ve set up the Kiwi Apps Facebook group to help you connect more closely to the New Zealand developer ecosystem. Our Technical Evangelists and Microsoft MVP’s have already joined the page, so feel free to reach out to them with whatever developer questions you may have.
We can’t wait to see your apps! Remember to submit your entry by posting the Windows Store link to our Facebook page Kiwi Apps and then email us at email@example.com to let us know you’re done before 6pm on Friday 14th November 2014. See the full terms and conditions below.
Windows 8.1 Apps Competition FY15Q1 01/09/2014 – 14/11/2014. Terms and
- By entering this Windows Phone 8.1 Competition (“Promotion”) you agree to be bound by these
terms and conditions. The Promotion starts at 6am on Monday 1st
September 2014 and ends at 6pm on Friday 14th November 2014
- Employees and independent contractors and each of their immediate family members of
Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not
eligible to enter.
- Microsoft is committed to complying with Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and
independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics
policiesapplicable to them when entering the Promotion or accepting any prize.
- To enter the Promotion, an app must be upgraded to Windows 8.1 or a new Windows 8.1 app
needs to be published then a link to the app in the Windows store must be
shared on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/KiwiApps/ before
the Promotion Period finishes.
- Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’
or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
- One entry per person. Eligible entrants will go in the draw to win one of 50x
headpods, 1x Dell Venue8 Pro, 1x Nokia 1520 (“Prize”).
- The prize draw will take place on Wednesday 19th November at the Microsoft
offices and winners will be notified on the same day by email. The winner of
the prize draw will be the first valid entry randomly drawn. The prize draw
will take place at the Microsoft offices. If the winner does not claim their
prize before a period of one month has ended since the announcement, on Friday
19th of December 2014 by 6pm, then that winner forfeits their right
to the Prize, and another winner will be drawn.
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prizes cannot be used in
combination with any other prize competitions, promotions or discounts.
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept
your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related
to accepting the prize.
- If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the
advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended
- To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated
companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or
consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is
suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Promotion
or winning (or not winning) any prize.
- Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this competition, any person who tampers
with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms
- Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this competition and may modify these
terms and conditions at any time without notice. Microsoft reserves the right
to cancel, suspend or change the Promotion or any element of the Promotion for
any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by
any event outside of Microsoft’s control.
- At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect
and use your details for the purposes of running this competition only.
You can access or request correction of your details by following the