Microsoft are giving away a number of prizes to New Zealand based developers before XMAS, including the new XBOX ONE console. We have up for grabs:
What you have to do to be in the draw to win these fabulous prizes is to log into MVA and consume 2 meaningful pieces of content. This includes full video views, partial video views, PPT views and PDF downloads. You can put together any combination of these; a course plus a video, a course plus a ppt or a course plus a whitepaper.
Competition runs from 21st November to 15th December. Refer to the T+Cs below for full rules of the competition.
How to get started
1. Log into Microsoft Virtual Academy and sign in with your Live ID.
2. Search our Courses for developer content which interests you and are interested in upskilling in.
3. Once you’ve found an appropriate course, create a Learning Plan called “Dev Online Learning” and add your chosen course to this learning plan. It should look similar to below.
4. Once you’ve added your favourite courses to your learning plan, start learning.
As you complete each module, the percentage of completion will rise. Remember, to also download the appropriate PowerPoint files or Whitepapers with your modules as well to get the full learning experience.
Remember every completed module + secondary activity (Powerpoint or whitepaper) earns you another [single] entry into the draw to win one of our keyboard prizes, or our grand prize of a new XBOX ONE!
When you’re ready to enter the draw, send us a screenshot of your completed learning plan to email@example.com with your name and LiveID.
Good luck with your entries and congratulations on all your learning.
Microsoft New Zealand
By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident.
How to enter
2. To enter you must email firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59pm on 15 December 2013, with the Microsoft account associated with the Microsoft Virtual Academy login as well as the proof of your completed courses.
4. Prizes and award criteria:
(a) Only one entry per Microsoft Virtual Academy Module consumed.
(b) Each and every valid entry created and submitted by 11:59pm on 15 December 2013 will go in the random draw to win 1 of 20 Wedge Mobile Keyboards or 20 Wireless 800 Desktop or 1 new XBOX ONE console.
5. Prizes will be allocated on the 16 of December 2013, and winners will be notified by the 18th of December 2013, via the email address used to submit the entry to email@example.com, as specified in clause 3.
6. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, 'hacked' or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
7. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address that each winner nominates, at Microsoft's expense.
8. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name and photo for promotional purposes.
9. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
10. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
11. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
12. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price
13. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Microsoft account associated with the Windows Azure subscription used to create the website. Entries submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Microsoft account.
14. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
15. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
16. The judge's decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
18. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
19. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
20. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
21. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 23 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
23. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.