Pluralsight is home to more than 1000 IT and Dev courses, on demand, whenever you’re free to learn, anytime, anywhere.
We’re not just going to hand this subscription over to you, we want you to have a play around and complete a new web site deployment in Windows Azure first.
Competition runs from 6th November 2013 to 15th December 2013
How to get started!
1. Get access to Windows Azure through either;
2. Once you’ve got access, you can head on over to the Azure dashboard to login to http://manage.windowsazure.com
3. Once you’ve logged in, you’ll now need to deploy a web site to the Windows Azure websites service. Here are some of the ways you can deploy your website.
From the Windows Azure Websites Gallery:
ASP.NET and Visual Studio 2013:
PHP from Store (WordPress & Gallery):
4. When you have completed your website deployment, you’ll need to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your live ID and your website link (it will contain azurewebsites.net in the URL) so we can check to make sure you’ve completed the task.
5. That’s all there is to it, we will then enter you into the random draw to win the Pluralsight Annual Plus subscription.
Microsoft New Zealand
Website Deployment in Windows Azure Competition – Terms and Conditions:
By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident.
How to enter
2. To enter you must:
(a) email email@example.com before 11:59pm on 15 December 2013, with the Microsoft account associated with the Windows Azure subscription used to create the web site, and the link of your Windows Azure website.
4. Prizes and award criteria:
(a) Only one entry per Windows Azure subscription is allowed.
(b) Each and every valid entry created and submitted by 11:59pm on 15 December 2013 will go in the random draw to win the Pluralsight Annual Plus subscription.
5. Prizes will be allocated on the 16 of December 2013, and winners will be notified by the 18th of December 2013, via the email address used to submit the entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, as specified in clause 3.
6. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
7. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address that each winner nominates, at Microsoft’s expense.
8. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name and photo for promotional purposes.
9. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
10. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
11. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
12. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price
13. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Microsoft account associated with the Windows Azure subscription used to create the website. Entries submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Microsoft account.
14. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
15. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
16. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
18. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
19. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
20. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
21. Microsoft is not responsible for any credit card charges incurred as a result of, or arising from, the use of your Windows Azure account. We recommend that you use a new 3-month trial subscription, or activate the benefits of an MSDN subscription, for your entry. In both of these cases, a Windows Azure ‘spending limit’ of $0 will be enabled by default. Removing this spending limit, or using a Windows Azure subscription that does not have a spending limit, will leave your credit card open to incurring charges. Note that, once disabled, a spending limit cannot be re-enabled.
22. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 23 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com.
23. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
24. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.