The best gaming app submitted to the competition will win a 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro + Nokia Lumia 820 Dev Phone + Arc Touch Mouse + 16GB USB Stick + Limited Edition Windows Hoodie
The two runner up apps will each win a 64GB Microsoft Surface RT + Nokia Lumia 620 Dev Phone + Arc Touch Mouse + 16GB USB Stick + Limited Edition Windows Hoodie
Finally, the next 7 apps with the most potential will win an Arc Touch Mouse + 16GB USB Stick + Limited Windows Hoodie
Get a game app submitted to both the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Stores and go in the draw to win the following prizes!
A game-specific app competition!?
That’s right, this competition is focused on gaming apps for both Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. You can use any game engine or build a native gaming app. You can work in teams if you choose but there will only be one set of prizes. Your gaming app must be the same game created for both the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 platforms – but the two do not need to have identical feature parity.
- Apps must be published to their respective stores by 11.59pm, on the 30th of September 2013.
- Links to the published apps on both the Windows Phone and Windows 8 Store must be submitted by email to email@example.com
- If the app is a paid app, make sure that a 7-day trial is available for us to judge the app.
- Competitors can submit as many ‘paired’ entries as they wish, but can only win once.
- App/s must be published on the store by a New Zealand Windows Store account, between 1st August 2013 and 30th September 2013. The apps must be new apps and not republished apps.
- Your gaming app cannot be entered into any other Microsoft competition or Microsoft-sponsored competition
- Students, Startup’s, and MSDN subscribers are able to get a free Windows Store account, otherwise there is a $70 annual store account fee.
- You can register your interest for the competition and stay up to date on the latest announcements.
- Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What will my app/s be judged on?
- Overall Buzz: Is the game fun to play? Is it addictive? Is it unique?
- Functionality: Does the game work? Does it work on both platforms? Does it make good use of the space, depending on which platform is being targeted?
- User Interface design: Is your game pretty? Is it pleasing to the eye? Is it easy to understand and play? Are the controls in the right position? On Windows 8, does it work well for both touch and keyboard/mouse?
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Store Account.
How To Enter:
3. To enter into the Windows App Game Competition you must:
(a) Email email@example.com with your full name, contact email, mailing address, mobile phone number publisher ID, a link to your published Windows 8 application/s on the Windows Store and a link to your published Windows Phone 8 app on the Windows Phone Store.
4. The competition is open from 1st August 2013 to 30th September 2013 – all entries must be published on the store AND emailed to us during this period.
5. Apps must be published to the store (with public URLs) by the competition close date (30th September 2013).
6. Restrictions on Applications: Whilst entries do not need to be free for users to download from the store, paid apps submitted to the competition must have a trial option that spans a week for us to be able to review the app.
The apps will be judged on: 1. Overall Buzz: Is the game fun to play, is it addictive, is it unique. 2. Functionality: Does the game work, does it work on both platforms, and does it make good use of the space depending on which platform is being targeted.3. User Interface design: Is your game pretty, is it pleasing to the eyes, is it easy to understand and play, are the controls in the right position, does it work well for both touch and keyboard for Windows
(a) 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro + Nokia Lumia 820 Dev Phone + Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse + 16GB USB Stick + Limited-edition Windows hoodie: Goes to the best app published, as determined by a Microsoft judging panel.
(b) The two Runner Ups will win a 64GB Microsoft Surface RT + a Nokia Lumia 620 Dev Phone + Arc Touch Mouse + 16GB USB Stick + Limited-edition Windows Hoodie
(c) Excluding these three aforementioned winners, the seven entries deemed to have the most potential will each receive an Arc Touch Mouse + 16GB USB Stick + Limited-edition Windows Hoodie
Important Note: Entrants may enter the competition as many times as they wish (with multiple “pairs” of game apps) but only their best app will be measured against other entries, and no person can win more than one prize package.
8. Winners will be contacted by the 10th of October 2013, via the email and/or contact phone number provided when entering (as specified in clause 3) and prizes will be delivered to the winners by the 15th of October 2013.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft’s expense.
11. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, application name(s), and application link(s) for promotional purposes.
12. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
14. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
15. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
16. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Marketplace Account used to publish the Windows Application. Applications submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Marketplace Account.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.