Windows 8 Competition:
Extended to 10th June 2013!
Get a new Windows 8 app published onto the store to go into the draw to win one of the following prizes:
- Samsung Slate Ativ + Microsoft Wedge Keyboard + Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse + XBOX Kinect 4GB Bundle.: Goes
to the best app published, as determined by a Microsoft panel.
- The 5 Runner Up’s will also win a Samsung Slate Ativ
- Each developer that submits a qualified entry also wins a 16GB Microsoft USB Key Ring.
This competition is focussed on sleek Windows 8 apps.
We want you to work on your design skills and performance of your apps.
We are going to provide several workshops between now and the end of the competition to give you some guidance on how to better design your apps.
We are going to showcase the best 10 apps through both our consumer and developer channels.
Get a new Windows 8 app published onto the store to go into the draw to win one of the following prizes
Provide loan slate machines if required for testing.
- Apps must be published to the store by 11.59pm, on the 30th of May 2013.
- Deep Links to the app must be submitted to email@example.com
- If the app is a paid app, make sure that at least a 7-day trial is available for us to test the app.
- People can submit as many entries as they wish, but can only win one 16GB USB Key
- App/s must be published on the store by a New Zealand Windows Store account,
between 1st March 2013 and 30th May 2013.
- For an app to qualify for the 16GB USB Key Ring, the app must have at least one
defined purpose for its users.
- Students and Startup’s and MSDN subscribers are able to get a free
Windows Store account, otherwise there is a $70 annual store account fee!
- Email us you interest in the competition today so we can email
you updates as well as support workshops for competitors.
- Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
What will my app/s be judged on?
1: Concept: This is the idea behind the app and includes uniqueness, differentiated, creativity,
2: Functionality: How well Windows 8 features are integrated into your app/s and how user-friendly
your app/s are.
3: User Interface design: How well your app/s are designed from a visual perspective.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Store Account.
How To Enter:
3. To enter into the Windows 8 Competition you must:
(a) Email email@example.com with your full name, contact email, mailing address, mobile phone number publisher ID, a link to your published Windows 8 application/s on the Windows Store.
4. The competition is open from 1st March to 30th May 2013 – all entries must be emailed to us before this date.
5. Apps must be published to the store by the competition close date (30th May 2013).
6. Restrictions on Applications: Whilst entries do not need to be free for users to download from the store, your app must have a trial option that spans a week for us to be able to review the application if the entry is a paid app.
The apps will be judged on: 1. The concept behind the app, i.e. uniqueness, differentiated, etc. 2. Functionality: User experience and how well it makes use of the features of Windows 8. 3. User Interface design: The app is judged here based on its aesthetics.
(a) Samsung Slate Ativ + Microsoft Wedge Keyboard + Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse + XBOX Kinect 4GB Bundle.: Goes to the best app published, as determined by a Microsoft panel.
(b) The 5 Runner Up’s will also win a Samsung Slate Ativ
(c) Each developer that submits a qualified entry also wins a 16GB Microsoft USB Key Ring.
Note: Entrants may enter as many times as they wish, but only their best app will be measured against other entries.
8. Winners will be contacted by the 10th of June 2013, via the email and/or contact phone number provided when the application link/description was emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as specified in clause 3 and 4 and prizes will be delivered to the winners by the 15th of June 2013.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, 'hacked' or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft's expense.
11. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, application name(s), and application link(s) for promotional purposes.
12. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
14. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
15. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
16. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Marketplace Account used to publish the Windows Application. Applications submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Marketplace Account.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge's decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.