Windows Phone 8 Competition:
Get a new Windows Phone 8 app published onto the store to go into the draw to win one of the following prizes:
• Nokia Lumia 920 Developer Phone + Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow: Goes to the best app published, as determined by a Microsoft panel.
• Each developer that submits a qualified entry also wins a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse instantly.
1) Apps must be published to the store by 11.59pm, on the 30th of April 2013.
2) Deep Links to the app must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) If the app is a paid app, the .xap file must be emailed to email@example.com for review.
4) People can submit as many entries as they wish, but can only win one phone and receive only one Arc Touch Mouse.
5) App must be published on the store by a New Zealand Windows Phone Store account, between 1st March 2013 and 30th April 2013.
6) For an app to qualify for the mouse it must have at least one defined purpose for its users.
7) If you do not have a Windows Phone Store Account, email a screenshot of your app to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get you one for free!
8) Email us you interest in the competition today so we can email you updates as well as support workshops for competitors.
9) Any questions? Email email@example.com!
What will my app/s be judged on?
1: Concept: This is the idea behind the app and includes uniqueness, differentiated, creativity, etc.
2: Functionality: How well Windows Phone 8 features are integrated into your app/s and how user- friendly your app/s are.
3: User Interface design: How well your app/s are designed from a visual perspective.
Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Phone Store Account.
How To Enter
3. To enter into the Windows Phone 8 Competition you must:
(a) Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, contact email, mailing address, mobile phone number publisher ID, a link to your published Windows Phone 8 application/s on the Windows Phone Marketplace, and the original link/s to your Windows Phone 8 applications.
4. The competition is open from 1st March to 30th April 2013 – all entries must be emailed to us before this date.
5. Apps must be published to the store by the competition close date (30th April 2013).
6. Restrictions on Applications: Whilst entries do not need to be free for users to download from the store, .xap files need to be included in your email to email@example.com if the entry is a paid app.
The apps will be judged on: 1. The concept behind the app, i.e. uniqueness, differentiated, etc. 2. Functionality: User experience and how well it makes use of the features of Windows Phone 8. 3. User Interface design: The app is judged here based on its aesthetics.
(a) Nokia Lumia 920 Developer Phone + Nokia Wireless Charging Pillow: This prize will be awarded to the best app published in the competition.
(b) Each developer that submits an app that has a defined purpose will also receive a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse – limited to the first 100 entries.
Note: entrants to this competition can only win one phone. They may enter as many times as they wish, but each contestant can only ever win one prize.
8. Winners will be contacted by the 10th of May 2013, via the email and/or contact phone number provided when the application link/description was emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as specified in clause 3 and 4 and prizes will be delivered to the winners by the 15th of May 2013.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, 'hacked' or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft's expense.
11. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, application name(s), and application link(s) for promotional purposes.
12. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
14. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
15. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
16. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Marketplace Account used to publish the Windows Phone Application. Applications submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Marketplace Account.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge's decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.