Windows Phone 8 Competition – Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Phone Store Account.
How To Enter
3. To enter to win the Arc Touch Mouse (“Upgrade Three Apps” Competition) you must:
(a) email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact email, mobile phone number, a link to your 3 published Windows Phone 8 applications on the Windows Phone Marketplace, and the 3 original links to your Windows Phone 7 applications.
4. To enter to win a Nokia Lumia 920 (“Incorporate a New Feature” Competition) you must:
(a) email email@example.com with your contact email, mobile phone number, a link to your published Windows Phone 8 Applications on the Windows Phone Store, and a few sentences describing the application’s functionality including which Windows Phone 8 feature(s) you have integrated into your app.
(b) have incorporated at least one of the following eligible Windows Phone 8 features, into each app you submit:
5. The competition is open from 15 November to 10 January 2013 – all entries must be emailed to us before this date. A grace period applies for apps pending certification at this time.
5a. Apps that are pending certification (uploaded to the Store, but not yet published) on 10 January 2013 qualify for a grace period of 10 days to allow for certification. If you app is pending certification, email screenshots of the app to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you until 20 January 2013 to send us the final, published links to your apps on the Store.
6. Restrictions on Applications: Whilst entries do not need to be free for users to download from the store, .xap files need to be included in your email to email@example.com if the entry is a paid app.
(a) “Upgrade Three Apps” Competition: Developers that convert three of their Windows Phone 7 apps into Windows Phone 8 apps will win a Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, limited to the first 80 entries.
(b) “Incorporate a New Feature” Competition: Developers that publish a Windows Phone 8 app that uses any of the new features listed above will go in the draw to win 1 of 2 Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phones, drawn randomly from all the eligible apps entered.
8. Prizes will be allocated by the 31st of January 2013, and winners will be notified by the 8th of February 2013, via the email and/or contact phone number provided when the application link/description was emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as specified in clause 3 and 4.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. Prizes will be delivered to a New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft’s expense.
11. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, application name(s), and application link(s) for promotional purposes.
12. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
13. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
14. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
15. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
16. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Marketplace Account used to publish the Windows Phone Application. Applications submitted in to the draw must be submitted by the actual owner of the Marketplace Account.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing email@example.com.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.