This competition has been extended!!!
By popular request the Windows 8 Slate Competition has been extended to 30th January. That’s right, we’re giving you more time to fine tweak your apps and get them ready for the Windows Store.
Deadline of the competition is now 30th January! Apps must be on the store between the 1st of November and 30th January.
Apps must be different to each other and must not have been entered into any other competition.
Full Terms & Conditions below…
Windows 8 Slate Competition – Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this Windows 8 Slate competition (“Competition”) you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the Competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident using a New Zealand Windows Store Account.
How to enter
3. To enter this Competition and be eligible for a chance to win a Samsung ATIV Windows 8 Slate PC (Model XE700) you must:
(a) email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in the Competition, so we can keep you posted on competition updates.
(b) have your three unique Windows 8 applications (“Applications”) published to the Windows Store between 1st November 2012 and 30th January 2013. Publication of Applications on the Windows Store is subject to the terms of the Windows Store Account located on https://aka.ms/wstore; and
(c) email email@example.com between 1st November 2012 and 30th January 2013 with your contact email, mobile phone number, links to each of your three unique Applications on the Windows Store, and one sentence describing the functionality of each application.
4. Restrictions on Applications: Applications must be free for store users to download, or be a paid application with a free trial option.
5. Quality Bar
a) Each of the three Applications must meet the standard Windows 8 design guidelines (fully documented on www.design.windows.com).
b) Each of the three Applications must be unique – both to each other, and to other applications available on the Windows Store.
c) Each of your Applications must not have been submitted to any other competition.
d) Each of the three Applications must have a clear intended purpose.
e) Competitors will be notified within two working days of their submission if any of their Applications do not meet this quality bar.
f) Competitors are allowed to submit further apps if any of their three apps do not qualify.
6. Prizes will be awarded at Microsoft’s discretion, to those eligible developers who submit great applications. We are looking for applications which stand out from the rest and showcase your skill. No individual can win more than one prize. Each entrant who receives a prize is ineligible to receive any additional prize.
7. Winners will be contacted via the email address and/or contact phone number provided.
8. Prizes will be delivered to the New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft’s expense. Although Microsoft will endeavour to have the prizes delivered before December 25, 2012, delivery may take up to four weeks from the date that the winning individual is notified by Microsoft of their prize.
9. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
10. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participate in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, Application names, Application descriptions, and Application links for promotional purposes.
11. Employees and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members), its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
12. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
13. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
14. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
15. If there is a dispute as to who submitted the winning entry, the winner will be the authorized account holder of the Windows Store Account used to publish the Windows 8 Applications. Applications submitted in to the Competition must be submitted by the actual owner of the Windows Store Account.
16. Microsoft New Zealand Limited (“Microsoft”) is the promoter of this Competition and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
17. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the Competition or any element of the Competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
18. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this Competition, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
20. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to the gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this Competition and when accepting any prize.
21. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition.
22. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the Competition or winning (or not winning) any prize.
23. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this Competition and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 24 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
24. By entering this Competition, you consent to Microsoft sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
25. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.