Win 1 of 3 Samsung Slates:
…By Building a Windows 8 App!
Build a Windows 8 app before September 9th, then present it briefly at CodeCamp for a chance to win your very own slate machine pre-loaded with the Windows 8 Release Preview!
How do I enter the competition?
Register your interest by sending an email to email@example.com with the following details:
Potential App Name
Brief description of App
What’s the process after that?
Build a Windows 8 App with the tools and resources available right now. Follow the guidelines that help you create an app that creates the best user experience and delivers the best performance of your application. Reach out to the local Windows 8 community to post questions or attend a user group.
Then attend the MSCommunities Code Camp where you will showcase your app to an elite group of Windows 8 Enthusiasts, who will judge the top 3 apps on the day. Each will win a Samsung Slate device running the Windows 8 Release Preview. More details will be sent once you have registered for the competition, so what are you waiting for? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details TODAY!
Windows 8 Competition – Terms and Conditions:
1. By entering this competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible for the competition, you must be a New Zealand Resident
3. To enter you must Register for the competition by emailing email@example.com with the following details:
a. Full Name
c. Contact Phone Number
d. Name of Application
e. Brief description of Application
4. You must be present in person at the University of Auckland on September the 9th to showcase you application – details will be emailed two weeks before the event.
5. You must complete a demo of your application ( max 10 minutes) on a Windows 8 Slate (that will be available at the venue) and impress the judges on your application
6. Applications may be tested by the judges to check functionality of your application
7. Application must follow Windows 8 metro guidelines
8. Competitors can enter more than one application
9. Prizes will be allocated on the 1st of October 2012, and winners will be notified no later than 15th of September 2012, via the email and/or contact phone number provided on the registration form.
10. Microsoft is not responsible for entries not received and incomplete, illegible, ‘hacked’ or otherwise fraudulent entries are not valid.
11. Prizes will be delivered to the New Zealand address the winner nominates, at Microsoft’s expense.
12. It is a condition of accepting any prize that the prize winner agrees to participant in publicity generated by Microsoft (or Microsoft’s marketing partners), and agrees to the use of their name, photo, application name, and application link for promotional purposes.
13. Employees of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) and independent contractors of Microsoft (and each of their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter.
14. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, Microsoft may award it to an alternate winner.
15. If you accept a prize you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize.
16. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, Microsoft may substitute the advertised prize for another prize which has approximately the same recommended retail price.
17. Microsoft New Zealand Limited is the promoter of this prize draw and may modify these terms and conditions without notice.
18. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, suspend or change the competition or any element of the competition for any reason, including any cancellation, suspension or change necessitated by any event outside Microsoft’s control.
19. The judge’s decision in relation to the winners or any other aspect of this prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Microsoft may disqualify, from participating in this prize draw, any person who tampers with the entry process, or submits an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
21. Microsoft is committed to complying with the Government gift and ethics policies. Employees and independent contractors of the Government must adhere to gift and ethics policies applicable to them when entering this prize draw or accepting any prize.
22. Microsoft is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this prize draw, or by any technical or human error that may occur in the course of the administration of this prize draw.
23. To the extent permitted by law, Microsoft, its retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including personal injury, which is suffered as a result of, or arising from, your participation in the prize draw or winning (or not winning) any prize.
24. At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft will collect and use your details for the purposes of running this prize draw and to send you promotional material that may be of interest to you, as set out in clause 26 below. You can access or request correction of your details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
25. By entering this competition, you consent to Microsoft New Zealand Limited sending you marketing and promotional material by email or using any of your other contact details Microsoft may have.
26. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold the award of any or all prizes if entries do not meet the criteria set out in these terms and conditions.