- Regardless of autocorrect settings in Windows 8.1, some words like “Company”, “Desktop”, etc. get capitalized automatically.
- This is more of an issue for users that use more than one language to communicate, such as German OS and writing in English.
Note: This issue has been fixed during the Dezember 2013 patchday.
To manually fix this:
- Open the Start page.
- Type “regedit” and run it when it appears.
- Go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7
- Click on Edit -> New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Name the new value EnableAutocorrection and set it to 0.
- Restart IE.