Fix Store App in Windows 8.1

• Sometimes, after upgrading to Windows 8.1, the Store App may not start.
  • It might still show the number of available updates on the Live Tile.
  • Starting the app may show a progress ring but it may not finish loading.

• To fix this, run the following in a Command Window (CMD) to re-register the Store App:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML

• If you get error 0x8007064A after executing this, it means that the registry key “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\Repository\Packages” does not have SYSTEM as the owner.
  • Change the owner back to SYSTEM as explained here and try again.

• To fix three other system apps such as PC Settings, run the following:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\camera\AppxManifest.xml

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\FileManager\AppxManifest.xml

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\ImmersiveControlPanel\AppxManifest.xml

1. francois says:

thanks, not easy to find solution. search for store not working in windows 8.1

2. ernst says:

thanks – finally a solution that worked

3. mile says:

nice. thanks.

4. ed says:

wow .. that was simple. tried every other solution out there and nothing worked. was thinking about reverting back to 8 until finding this post.. thanks!

5. Gary says:

Thanks. I spent at least an hour in order to find a fix for this and this one finally helped!

6. working says:

thanks so much for this fix, quick and easy. All microsoft support can say about this issue would be reinstall windows or delete your account. while it is known that thousands of people have the same issue there is no fix…

7. cibaltimore says:

Thanks. It worked for me.

8. Luis Cantero says:

@Frank and Bart: This fix is for when the Store App shows a progress ring and never finishes loading. If you have another issue such as the error "We weren't able to connect to the store", please post it here http://answers.microsoft.com/ and someone from support will investigate further.

9. Thanx alot says:

This is the only working solution! Please post it to MS!

10. ezzyv says:

THANKS! Finally!  This worked like a charm 😛

11. Martin says:

Looked everywhere for a fix and this did it straight away. Thanks!

12. Arjan says:

Thanks! searched for a couple of hours to solve the problem but this solutions worked right away!

please advise MS about this.

13. Luis Cantero says:

@Arjan: Please note that the Windows team already knows about this issue and a fix should be pushed ASAP with one of the next updates.

14. Les says:

Solved my problem, thanks!

15. Ryan says:

Wow, thank you.

16. Dave A008 says:

Wow!  This was a simple fix that I spent virtually HOURS researching all over the web.  May I suggest that Microsoft develop a "Fix it" that can be easily found and used for those not as computer savvy as some.

17. Pete says:

Microsoft should action immediately this tile is key for all others to work

18. claude says:

Merci de nouveau pour cette solution qui a fonctionnée immédiatement……..J ai retrouvé windows store Enfin

19. Staale Sørensen says:

Did not work for me.

Also tried to run cmd as administrator.

Also tried to run the second recomended command

C:windowssystem32>start "" "ms-windows-store:"

No error Message.  I live in Norway.

Any tips?

20. Luis Cantero says:

@Claude: Press the Windows and the R key at the same time. A run dialog will appear. Then copy and paste the command in my article there and execute it. You need to keep the space characters and everything exactly as I mentioned above. The command that you posted here is all wrong and some options are translated to French, which will not work.

@Everyone: If the command doesn't help you, please don't post saying that "it doesn't work", instead, post the error message or describe what happened, otherwise I don't know what to suggest. Some people post the command wrong or omit empty spaces, it could be anything. "It doesn't work" is the worst thing you can say when looking for help. Please help me help you. Thanks.

1. andes says:

THANKS A LOT.Finally got rid of that error (wasted a day for fixing that error).Just copied and pasted the the command in the above article in RUN.Thanks Luis Cantero

2. pam says:

if any1 can HELP plz….I have tried all these methods and still get nothing…I had win 8.1 then switched to win 10 didn’t lke it so went back to win 8.1 the only thing that I cant get 2 work is the AoE castle siege game…the store keeps saying I own it but cant reinstall it and cant find it on my pc …I played it up until I reverted back to 8.1 PLZ HELP…ive put a lot of time and money(even if it is a free game) into this game

21. Kent says:

Hi

After running  C:windowssystem32>start "" "ms-windows-store:" I get the following error "Windows cannot find 'ms-windows-store':.Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

22. Kent says:

after running the Powershell fix i get the following error. ms-windows-store: No such interface supported

23. Pokcoyo says:

Thank you very much indeed. It worked like a charm.

24. Drew says:

I still am unable to get into the store after having followed your instructions. I get the same message "We weren't able to connect to the Store…"

If I sign on to my husbands account on this computer I get the moving circle of dots and the store doesn't open. There is no error message.

The update to Windows 8.1 preview was from Windows 8 Pro with media centre.

Hope you can help.

25. Tony says:

Did not work for me. Thanks for trying.

26. Ken says:

After run powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml

I still get the same problem when installing  any apps:"something happened and this app couldn't be installed. please try again. Error code: 0x8e5e021f."

Btw, I install a win 8.1 pro on a clean disk.

27. Peter says:

This was the most valuable advice and only solution that worked after going through multiple blogs over the past hour.  Thanks!!

28. Ry says:

Awesome man! far out why doesn't MS know this?

29. Bubba says:

Just a note; reboot your machine after the fix. Everything works now.

30. Danny says:

This solution still does not work for me, the only way I can open the store is using RUN: wsreset.exe, it doesn't fix the problem, but I can get into the Windows Store, refer to my forum post:answers.microsoft.com/…/c3060897-d3d3-4036-8cab-0d413a5efb62

31. jasmin says:

thanks for a lot.. its very helpful

32. Andrew says:

I tried this but I got 0x80073D02    "The package is unable to be installed resources it modifies are currently in use."

0x80004004 "Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store."

I already have closed the app twice. I also have looked through my task manager. No results.

33. Rolando says:

This fixed my PC settings and App Store issue but I still get the 5 min black screen after login before Metro will load.

Thanks…

34. Kianmo says:

It worked! Can you please provide the systemroot folder to fix mail, people, calendar, photos,and solitaire collection??

35. Patrick says:

Thanks Luis – very clear instructions and by following them I have got my surface pro up and working again.  Had to do the regedit fix first to change owner too.

Crazy that MS can release an upgrade that has such problems with it.

36. Amar Gupta says:

Still app store and other inbuild apps of windows 8.1 not working. When i click on app it try to start but then come back to the start screen. When i tried to open the app store through Command Prompt. It Pops up a dialog box, The app didn't start. When i clicked on okay, then it shows Access Denied in command prompt. Please help. Really frustrated by this issue.

37. Dave T says:

I have the same symptom as Amar.

38. Heiko S says:

for me the solution is not working either. After applying your method and rebooting several times I still get error code 0x8e5e021f when trying to install an app… :/ Please help, Microsoft

39. PnP says:

Worked like a Charm!.. thank you very much!

40. LF says:

Worked great thank you!

41. James says:

After checking everyone else's "fixes" with firewalls, proxies, and whatnot, this is what finally worked. Thanks so much.

42. Tina says:

Thanks a million.  It now works great.

43. RJ says:

Thanks you so much! I had been searching for like 2 days for a solution to this and nothing worked until your post.

44. Renato says:

Thank you!

Is there any command to return all applications, I managed to recover the camera, the settings of the PC and the store, but all other native apps are failing

45. dakshay says:

thx a lot .. your trick solved my problem in 10 sec .. I was searching for solution on microsoft site and it didn't worked well .. thx

46. Zagna says:

For me, Store opened up and showed everything nice but no updates worked or any install just went nowhere.

Immediately after running that command Store works as it should o/

47. Finally says:

Thank you so much! I've been looking everywhere for something like this and was just about to give up hope…

48. age says:

thank you so much everything is working again……

49. amyf5 says:

i tried wat u told the store is still not opening it just keeps loading. please help

50. Nezarik says:

Holy crap, I tried for over a month to get my WIndows Store to work, and this has been the only solution that helped! Thank you so very much!

51. jlar says:

Excellent… the only method that works in seconds…..keep the good work

52. Wavik says:

Wow, thank you, man, it really works for me

53. kris says:

After running powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml

I get  an internal error 0x80070005.  Any help/pointers to fix the issue will will be appreciated.

———————————————————–

C:WINDOWSsystem32>powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -Di

sableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could

not be registered.

An internal error occurred with error 0x80070005. See

go.microsoft.com/fwlink for help diagnosing app

deployment issues.

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageMa

nager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

C:WINDOWSsystem32>

—————-

54. Ahraz Akhtar says:

Hi,

i executed the above commands and they successfully got executed also. But still m getting the blank screen and no desktop/ tiles are getting loaded. I run all the 4 commands in cmd . But the last 3 commands are same. Pls Help me.

55. bill says:

when I try to install apps, I get a message 'something happened and purchase can't be completed error code0x8024036'

56. Leena says:

Run the command, no errors, but store still doesn't work. It first started with Error 80240436 where it says "Something happened and ……" basically saying that I can't install any apps then I did the wsreset and this happened. Anyone followed the same path and finally got it working?

57. Chris S says:

Worked like a charm

58. Jo says:

Worked perfectly for the Store app.

But I am still having problems with other app that also won't open: Mail, people, calendar, etc.

Any solution?

59. Afundi says:

Wow – like so may others on here, thank you for posting this! It seems you are the only one that found this fix. Several weeks of frustration through Google searches ending in futility…until I found this!

60. Kieren says:

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH THIS IS FINALLY THE REAL SOLUTION!!!

Thanks soooooo much

61. Ken says:

Thank you, I spent weeks searching to a fix for this, this is the first time it worked.

62. MCB says:

WORKED!!!!!!!!!! (for Store but not other Metro apps)

63. Rachelle says:

Hi, thanks for the help.  However, it didn't work for me.  After the update, my Store won't open properly.  It loads the green launching screen, the progress circle cycles briefly, and then in opens up the "app" with only a white screen, a back arrow that does nothing, and this error message:

Something happened and the Windows Store is no longer working.  Please restart your PC, and try again.  If this problem continues, you might need to refresh Windows on your PC."

I tried the fix exactly as you suggested it; I tried it both in "Run" and in the "Command Prompt."  I also tried running the command prompt as administrator.  When running the command, I get the following error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFE, The package repository is corrupted.

error -501: Windows cannot process a deployment operation because the package repository database encountered an ESENT error.  Use the Reset Your PC feature to recover your PC. See the Application event log for message with ESENT as the event source for more details.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] f7007592-f179-0000-3b77-00f779f1ce01 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID f7007592-f179-0000-3b77-00f779f1ce01

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxM …

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : Not Specified: <C:WINDOWSWinStoreAppxManifest.XML:String> [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorID : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

After restarting the computer, there is no change.  Although the error message is different, I did double-check the owner of the key you mentioned above, but it is in fact showing the owner as SYSTEM.  Any further suggestions?  I'm really hoping to not have to refresh my PC.

Thank you in advance, and thanks for the time you've put into this so far!

64. Rachelle says:

Found a fix, posted by Windanced here:

social.technet.microsoft.com/…/81-store-apps-wont-load

(currently second comment from the bottom.

Now that it's working, I like the new Store app!  Only thing now is that all of my installed apps, although working fine, show as not installed in the store.  Any idea how to fix that?  Thanks!  (The first app I tried to open after noticing this popped up a "You have installed <app>…" notification, but still showing as not installed in the Store.  No other apps have generated this notification after opening them.)

65. Joshua says:

Thank you so much man!!! I delete some folders/files in c:users by mistake, i can not open any win8 apps or metro settings. I even install win8 in VMware and copy all users folder to my windows, it still wouldn't work. Your commands saved my life! I still have another problem, i can not log in a new user in my win8, seems like the default user profile is damaged. I've copied all files from another copy of win8, but still not working. I think the netuser.data stuff are corrupted. How can I fix this without reinstallation.  Thank you man!!

66. Kristina Terrey says:

Hi there.

I have an Acer Aspire V3-571G with Windows 8. After some time  I noticed the tiles appeared to be "broken".

After a lot of trying I finally backed up all my data and reinstalled windows (I don't have a disc) using the recovery option.  Whole system seemed a lot better and so I then downloaded Windows 8.1 (which I quite like apart from the bugs).

Initially all seemed to be well but then the tiles stopped working, I couldn't access PC settings or store. I tried all the commonly suggested steps to take to no avail. I uninstalled Norton anti virus and Advanced System Care using just Windows Defender and checking that the rules did not mess with the apps. Then I came across the commands given by you Luis Cantero and yay! Store works and settings works. This also fixed the camera app and photos.

BUT oh dear…I can't now install or update apps from the store and even most of the installed apps won't work.

What now???  I tried to refresh the system but this would not complete and I have read that with Windows 8.1 it is also impossible to reinstall Windows (thereby uninstalling update 8.1).

67. Kristina Terrey says:

I should add that I get the following message when I try and install/update apps:

Error 0x80070002

"Something happened and your app couldn't be installed"

68. renato says:

I got fix the three applications, camera, control panel  and settings, but I wanted to know how to fix all applications, because when I try to install again gives the error 0x80070002, such as the weather, map, people

69. Kristina Terrey says:

I have managed to install those apps you mention Renato. They just refuse to "open". I managed to get them to install by deleting files in the registry as per following links:

social.technet.microsoft.com/…/81-store-apps-wont-load

70. Angela Davies says:

Brilliant thank you x

71. Evelyn Diaz says:

I tried everything mention above and I still can not get the Windows 8 store to open.  Help! it tries to load and then says it is either a server problem or it timed out

72. Mark Hubenak says:

This post was very helpful and without it I could not have corrected the problem.  BUT it did not solve all the issues that existed.  I still could not run my Metro Apps or reinstall them without error codes.  After two days I hit on the solution and it is rather simple.  I am not sure if the powershell scirpts are still needed as with ctl – W you should still be able to type "user" and create user accounts.

The issue I had after installing Win 8/1 upgrade is in persmissions within the existing user account and the new system needs.  I cannot see how to correct it simply without excessive manual changes… so I opted for a simple solution. (after two days of working on it)

1) First copy all  you data files and game data (Documents, Desktop, Favorites and so on) onto a flash drive

2) Ctl – W, type User, Select the add, change, delete user account line.

3) add a new User with a different email address than the one you have now.

4) give this account Admin right

5) restart and logon as the new user

6) download a free app from the WinStore and run it to verify that this solution is working for you.

7) if it is working Delete your old account (your data will also be destroyed)

8) Clt –  W, Create new user again this time for your prior email address that you just deleted

9) restart and logon with that prior email address, The system will set this account up with the correct permissions

10) go to WinStore and reinstall all your applications… it should know that they are

11) rename Documents, Desktop, Favorites and so on and then copy from flash drive to restore files

12) Delete the interum user account

This worked for me… still had my microsoft office and so on in place with everything working again.  Hope this helps Cheers… and thanks for the powershells they got me on right track.

73. Pat Ballard says:

Tried everything and this finally got it working. Thanks!!!

74. raghu says:

thank u sir…… it worked…i am happy ..

75. calfred2808 says:

what if the store and settings are keep in loading ?

76. putu bali says:

My asus n56v

store & bluetooth still not working after update 8.1

i tried your solution many times, but failed.

my last option is back to 8 using refresh pc 🙁

77. Luki says:

I had tried all methods that I found but my windows 8.1 app store still not working. My problem is: when I click apps store icon it only show splash screen for a moment then it closed (back to start menu).

So at the last, I decided to refresh my windows. (PC Setting -> Update & Recovery -> Refresh). After that, my windows app store can work again. But It will delete all program data in your windows main directory. You should reinstall some application that you had installed before.

78. trace says:

79. becca says:

I tried the commands, it worked, but the app store won't let me download any apps because it says that my internet connection is to slow to download!! What should i do? (my connection has full bars, so, it should be pretty fast!) 🙁

80. Pasci says:

Thank you very much, worked like a charm. Used it on windows  8.0.

81. Alekz says:

After the upgrade to Windows 8.1 I'm no longer able to download

or update any apps, all I get is the 0x8024043d error.

I have already tried creating the AUInstallAgent folder, resetting the store cache, sync licenses

but none of this worked.

if i run the command powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml

i got this error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF9, Install failed.

Please contact your software vendor. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF9)

error 0x80070003: AppX Deployment operation failed. The specific error text

for this failure is: RDSAppXNotifyRecoveryTrigger

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId]

008c7dc4-fce5-0000-227e-8c00e5fcce01 in the Event Log or use the command line

Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 008c7dc4-fce5-0000-227e-8c00e5fcce01

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

$Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxM …

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : WriteError: (C:WINDOWSWinStoreAppxManifest.xm

l:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageMa

nager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Help is really appreciated, Thanks.

82. hi says:

it did not work for me is there any other way to fixing the store or do I have to wait for the next update?

83. Brad Flewelling says:

Like commented before me not an easy fix to find but this worked great thx

84. Sue says:

Thank you, finally a solution that DOES WORK!

85. Ahmed Fayyad says:

i have that error >> "This page failed to load" …. Please help me!

86. Wburger says:

My MS tiles all of a sudden would not run – just got blank screens.  Only the local programs with no Internet access needed would run.  No clue why this happened, but last program I used was Skype –  beginning to not like that program as this is not the first time it has 'been in the neighborhood' when troubles arose – BUT, the FIX here was amazing!  THANK YOU.  (I did have to reboot before it worked – FYI)

Keeping a copy of this one for the future!  EXCELLENT!!!!

87. Jude says:

Hi! I ran the Command Prompt as administrator and pasted: powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.XML and pressed Enter. I tried running the Store app afterwards, yet I still get the Store logo with the circle thing at the bottom. It did  not work. Have I done something wrong? I have tried restarting after doing what you said yet it was still not working. Is there another way to fix this?

88. Stelian says:

I ve got the same problem when i upgrade from windows 8 to windows 8.1, microsoft solitaire, mahjong games are not running anymore, screenshot with the program show up but it is not loading anymore, remain at a screenshot level without starting.

I apply your suggested comand on the run comand, something changed but still not working.

I ve checked also the system and it shown system as the owner.

Do you have another suggestion to sort out this matter?

89. Sam says:

the command did not give any error message nor solved the problem.

i can open and access the store but whatever the apps i install from store dosent work including skype. the apps closes after 5 seconds

90. Chaitub1 says:

Hello, I just did it and my windows store wont open. Each time I open it it will automatically kick me out..

Please help me!

I even tried to restart my computer

Thanx in Advance

91. Prerna says:

it isn't giving an error but my problem remains the same. what do I do?

92. danielpostoronka@gmail.com says:

Hi,

I entered the code in and this is what I got.

———-

Add-AppxPackage : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Register'.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode – Register

$Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppx …

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo     : InvalidArgument: (:) [Add-AppxPackage ], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

———-

So basically it did not work, please help.

93. fina says:

works for store & PC settings, love you!

94. Luis Cantero says:

@danielpostoronka: You need to use the command correctly. You entered a space between the dash and "Register". That's what the error message says.

95. andrew says:

your awesome

96. Aniket Vyas says:

Thanks a lot!! It worked….:)

97. chris says:

You are a legend – made a fix that all of microsoft couldn't!!

98. JohnNYC says:

thanks.  this definitely works. I wanted to install Nook for PC Windows 8.1 and I could not do that until I tried this command.

99. arslan says:

Thank you so much man, you are a real expert……

100. geneva says:

thanks sir your such amazing my p.c settings and apps store are running now.

101. MMP says:

This made my day!!!!

102. Jimmy Tobing says:

Thanks a lot. really save my time.

103. Store works, Can't get any apps to run. says:

Event viewer says this:

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM

Date:          11/01/2014 01:28:54

Event ID:      10016

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          KEVINCOBLEY-PCKevin Cobley

Computer:      KevinCobley-PC

Description:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{5DC4F9AD-3A2B-4DF4-AC39-3FF5A19FCF4C}

and APPID

{CE79BC8B-2980-4CA9-9570-6E0BF5B93BF2}

to the user KevinCobley-PCKevin Cobley SID (S-1-5-21-2456438200-496891304-1501585615-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_2.1.1312.2401_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe SID (S-1-15-2-1985198343-3186790915-4047221937-1969271670-3792558349-1325541827-400269725). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/…/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>

<Data Name="param4">{5DC4F9AD-3A2B-4DF4-AC39-3FF5A19FCF4C}</Data>

<Data Name="param5">{CE79BC8B-2980-4CA9-9570-6E0BF5B93BF2}</Data>

<Data Name="param6">KevinCobley-PC</Data>

<Data Name="param7">Kevin Cobley</Data>

<Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-2456438200-496891304-1501585615-1001</Data>

<Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>

<Data Name="param10">Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_2.1.1312.2401_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>

<Data Name="param11">S-1-15-2-1985198343-3186790915-4047221937-1969271670-3792558349-1325541827-400269725</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

104. Ralph says:

It still loads but will not go any further then that

105. Frankie Mondejar says:

You're Genius! Thank You Very Much! More Power and God Bless!!!!

106. tharindu from srilanka says:

thanx bro it worked thanx again =D

107. Brian says:

After hours of searching and trying about 6 things that didn't work: This one did, well done!

108. Osman Ishaque says:

I removed the G data antivirus and all is working fine now,

109. FamaMusick says:

it doesn't work for me

i am waiting until it ends , but when i try to run, nothing happened. the same problem

110. Pismotam says:

I've beat my head against the wall for weeks… this worked like a charm, but I'm so done. I'm sick of Win 8.1 Preview and re-imaging this machine back to Win 7. Never again will I jump on the OS bandwagon, I said that after ME, look where I am now… I can't take anymore.  At least this worked. HP Pavilion Dv7 laptop.

111. Rawad says:

YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER!

112. R Mahalingam says:

I tried this and still the Store is not working. The actual problem is it shows "installing …" and after few seconds the app shuts down and goes to Start Screen. Tried multiple times and yet, the same result. Microsoft should have tested the 8.1 before releasing as apparently there are many other similar issues also, say for example my Mail does the same thing. In the middle it freezes and returns to Start Menu. Very disappointing….

113. IndyBlue93 says:

I was not having trouble with my Windows Store app, but this post led me to find the solution to fixing another Windows Store app. Mark Hubenak's comment on this thread (from Dec. 11, 2013) solved my app problem without changing the registry or using refresh/reset! Many thanks to Luis and Mark for their help!

First, most of my Metro apps would not open after installing major system updates on a Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet (Windows 8.1 preinstalled). I was able to fix this by uninstalling and then reinstalling every non-functioning Metro app from the Windows Store. I later installed the Barnes & Noble for Windows 8.1 app for the first time and discovered I could not get it to run past the log-in screen. Reinstalling the app did not fix it. I tried every suggestion I could find – nothing worked. I didn't feel competent to work on the registry and I didn't want to refresh/reset and have to reinstall all my non-Metro desktop type applications and system updates.

Following Mark's advice, I discovered the B&N app would install and run under a newly created User account on my tablet, so I deleted my Windows User account and created a new User account using the same email and password of my existing MS account. Make sure you have another Administrator account available to remove and add User accounts before you start. I already had my settings synced to my MS account and personal files backed up to an SD card on my tablet, so my desktop and most settings were restored to the new User account. I then installed the B&N app, which now worked! All I had to do was copy backup files to some applications and rearrange my start screen. I then deleted the test User and MS accounts. If you already have another User account on your device and they are able to install and run the problem app/s, you can just try deleting and then recreating your User account.

For those who have been unable to fix their Windows Store app using Luis's registry method, you might give this method a try.

114. NRK says:

Thank you so much, was looking for solution from last so many months after updating to 8.1

115. terbio camara says:

Great help! Settings, apps, store were inaccessible. No more now. After I have accessed store, I have re-installed the missing apps. Thank you, Cantero. From Brazil.

116. Javeed Hussain Jak says:

Thanqq for solving my problem…. Its working thanqqqq sooooo much…:-*

117. Marianna says:

My store didn't work but the Camera and Setting did and I am so happy 😀 my computer has been messed up since I got the windows 8.1 when it was in the store. So if you have any information on the store and possibly other apps that came on the computer (video's, photo's, mail etc) THANK YOU!!

118. Nilesh Kotiya says:

i have tried many things but didnt work

i can enter in store but the problem is when i keep any app for downloading, it is not getting downloaded and PENDING is coming written instead of DOWNLOADING. PLEASE HELP WHAT TO DO…??

119. J Arakelian says:

What a nightmare!!!! Does anything work in Win 8??? It is probably easier to go back to Win 7

120. sheik rafiq says:

I am able to open windows store but not able to open the application

121. Thomas Garot says:

i have error 0x80070422 when I try to open the STORE app of microsoft

122. Dave says:

gave me the following error message:
    Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path ‘C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML’ because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win …
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
    FoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

123. Dakota Watson says:

I didn’t work and i dont know why. 🙁

124. austin621345 says:

wow,this is easy

125. cadking says:

this is what mine said what do I do
    At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win …
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FoundException

1. Ankit Sharma says:

same with me

1. Santiago says:

The same error

Add-AppxPackage : No se encuentra la ruta de acceso ‘C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML’ porque no existe.
        En línea: 1 Carácter: 1
        + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win …
        + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Windows\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
        FoundException

126. amir says:

helpful. solved my problem

127. Rob says:

When I put the fix in the CMD I get this message:

At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register C:\WINDOWS\WinStore …
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FoundException

128. Vivi says:

Luis Cantero,

THANK YOU!!!

129. i had tried but it gives the error ——–>Add-AppxPackage a parameter can not be found that matches parameter name ‘DisableDevelopementMode’ and may other things.
    please help me.

130. i had run the command in cmd prompt(as administrator) and it’s run successfully.but the problem is still remain same.when i opened asphalt 8 in presence of internet it shows only the page after gameloft logo and when i opened the asphalt 8 in the absence of internet it shows ” downloading data please make sure that internet connection is available”.

131. mohammed says:

hello am getting this error we are not getting to connect
    try again . (0x80070422)
    please help me
    i use this
    its not working for me what should i do?