Oh, yes! 🙂
Install tools and runtime from here: http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/
There are so many improvements in the new beta. List of new features is here: http://blogs.msdn.com/silverlight_sdk/archive/2008/06/04/what-s-new-in-silverlight-2-beta-2.aspx
Here is a list of a subset of just the major feature improvements that I like best:
· Controls are now in the runtime. This means that the typical application that I'd create drops down from 1.6MB to 922K or from 430K to 130K (these are actual real-life numbers)
· Animation: animating structs
· DeepZoom: new XML based file format
o DataGrid performance
o Calendar improvements (selection etc)
o Templates: new and improved model
· Fullscreen gaming: support for arrow keys, home, end, pageup/down, esc, space, Enter. Congratulations to full screen gamers!
· Networking: Sockets cross-domain support, webclient upload support.
· Easier Web services: better configuration support
· Media: Adaptive Streaming. this thing ROCKS!! I'll soon have a sample to show it off.
· Better WPF compatibility
And I haven't even mentioned the localization, linq, and many other improvements! (look at that link above for complete list)