This week Ben Gracewood, Chris Klug, Keith Patton and myself delivered three Windows Phone 7 developer training events in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. The agenda was packed with more than 5 1/2 hours worth of content and we met and interacted with more than 100 motivated kiwis dev looking to build applications for the new Windows Phone 7 platform.
Below is a 15min video that I have posted to Channel 9 of the content that was delivered at the sessions:
For our presentations we drew from the following online presentations:
- Windows Phone 7: A New Kind of Phone (Contains Pivot Control Demo in Blend)
- Understanding Marketplace and Making Money with Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Overview of the Windows Phone 7 Application Platform
- Developing Occasionally Connected Applications for Windows Phone 7
- An In-Depth View of Building Applications for Windows Phone 7 with Microsoft Silverlight (Part 1)
- An In-Depth View of Building Applications for Windows Phone 7 with Microsoft Silverlight (Part 2)
- Windows Phone UI and Design Language
- Understanding the Model-View-View-Model Pattern
- 5 Minute Overview of MVVM in Silverlight
In addition to this material Ben has posted his reflective view of the training and Chris has posted his code samples as well…
Anyhow, I promised the code samples I used. So here they are: WP7 Training Source Code.zip (183.67 kb)
However, the zip above doesn’t contain all of the ones I used. It contains the ones I wrote myself. The rest of the demos were Microsoft sample applications that can be downloaded here. And the application bar icons that I mentioned that Microsoft had made available to us devs are here.
Let me know if you are working on any launch apps for Windows Phone 7 in New Zealand and join the NZ LinkedIn group to stay in touch with other NZ devs working on launch projects.