As we wind down towards the end of the year there are always some people who choose to work through the Christmas holiday period. During this time things are inevitably slow and it is a great time to focus on trying out a new piece of tech.
I previously wrote about Windows Azure and the upcoming Feb release in NZ so what better time to kick the tyres?
To incentivise you to get started we have come up with a competition. You know as well as I do that competitions don’t work! Very few people actually take the time to enter! Armed with this knowledge why don’t you give it a shot? I’m sure you will have great odds at winning the prize.
So what is the prize?
A 12 month subscription to Visual Studio Professional with MSDN Premium Download Only RRP NZD $5,028 (this will be upgraded to Visual Studio 2010 Premium on the 22nd March 2010).
To get a handle on Visual Studio 2010, MSDN Subscriptions, the step-up transitions, special offers, and to download the Beta 2, visit the NZ Visual Studio site. And if you are looking to buy or want to talk to some people with real expertise in this area, have a chat to the guys from Mindscape, our specialist Microsoft Developer Tools reseller.
What you need to do to enter:
Step 1) Request a Windows Azure Token
Before you get started, you need to have a Windows Azure token.
- If you live in New Zealand request a token by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (we have a limited number available for so please act fast).
Step 2) Deploy an Application
- Once you have an application in production Email us your URL before New Years Day to enter the draw (by emailing us your submission you are agreeing to the legal stuff below).
We will randomly draw the winner on Monday the 11th Jan 2010 and notify you by email if you are the lucky one.
· Prize – There is one prize for this competition: A 12 month subscription to Visual Studio Professional with MSDN Premium Download Only.
The MSDN subscription can only be activated within New Zealand using a valid New Zealand Live ID.
· Winner selection – We will draw the winner randomly on Monday the 11th Jan 2010 from all the valid entries. We will notify the winner via the email address that they used to send in their submission.
· How to enter – If you are already part of the Windows Azure CTP you can enter by submitting an application from your existing account. We have a limited number of tokens available on a first come first served basis to sign new users up to the Windows Azure CTP. If you live in New Zealand request a token by emailing email@example.com. We will only give one token per person. To enter you must email firstname.lastname@example.org your active Azure application URL before the competition closes at 12:00 am (NZDT) on the 1st Jan 2010 NZDT.
If your deployed application isn’t available to view at the URL you sent us on 31st Dec 2009 (new Years Eve) we reserve the right to not include you in the draw.
· Privacy – We are only going to use your email for the draw and winner notification. If you are the winner of the draw you agree that we can publish your name and a link to your winning entry.
· Exclusions – An employee, agent or a relative of an employee of Microsoft New Zealand, or its parent company Microsoft Corporation, USA is not be eligible to participate in the Contest.
This competition is only available to New Zealand residents. By requesting a token from us and submitting an entry you are verifying that you live in New Zealand. We will also check at our end that the Live ID that you use to setup your Azure account is New Zealand based. If the Live ID is registered to another country we reserve the right to not include you in the draw.
You can enter more than one application into the draw provided each application is unique and you are trying out new things. Don’t try and be smart by deploying the same application over and over again… we’ll be able to tell and will only count this as one entry.
· Discretion – Decision of the Judges shall be final and binding. Microsoft reserves the right to reject any entry form without assigning any reason thereof. Any decision taken in this regard shall be final and binding, and not subject to any dispute or challenge. This is meant to be fun. So don’t harm any animals or make people mad; just in case we notice you doing something silly or unfun we reserve the right to vote you off the island.
· Entry quality – Unless you are deploying a Microsoft provided sample your entry must not contain parts of other people's work including without limitation other people's or company's applications, software, codes, trademarks, logos, copyrighted materials or other proprietary materials.
This is meant to show the technology and have a bit of fun, so please show off your coding skills rather than any valuable business ideas or inventions. By entering, each entrant agrees to grant Microsoft Corporation and its related companies an irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual right to (i) use, copy, publish, alter, display, perform or otherwise exploit each of the entries and all their content (and similar applications and services), (ii) review, assess, and otherwise analyse the entries and all their content in connection with this competition, and (iii) feature the entries and all its content in connection with the promotion of this competition. Entrants agree that their entries are public and non-confidential, and that Microsoft Corporation and its related companies are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by third parties.
· Contract – by entering the competition you agree to these terms.