Step 1: Install this update to enable remote management of a Windows Server 2008 computer running the Hyper-V RC0 role
Step 2: If the server is either a member of WORKGROUP or is in a different domain that is untrusted by the client, then the connection from the server to the client used to return asynchronous results is created as an Anonymous connection. An anonymous connection fails with either the 0x80070005 error or the 0x8007000e error unless Anonymous connections are given the DCOM Remote Access permission on the client. The following steps grant DCOM remote access permissions from the server to the client in this scenario.
- Click Start, click Run, type DCOMCNFG, and then click OK.
- In the Component Services dialog box, expand Component Services, expand Computers, and then right-click My Computer and click Properties.
- In the My Computer Properties dialog box, click the COM Security tab.
- Under Access Permissions, click Edit Limits.
- In the Access Permission dialog box, select ANONYMOUS LOGON name in the Group or user names box. In the Allow column under Permissions for User, select Remote Access, and then click OK.
Step 3: from command prompt execute the following command:
- cmdkey /add:yourhyper-vmachine /user:hyper-vdomani\administrator /pass:hyper-vadministratorpassword
- cmdkey /add:srv04 /user:srv04\administrator /pass:123.password.123
NOTE: use netbios name (i.e. SRV04) and not FQDN name (i.e. SRV04.myintranet.local)