This technical training focuses on the Small Business Server 2003 Release 2 and will be delivered in two sessions, with each session focusing on a different aspect of SBS Server 2003 R2. The sessions will run for approximately three (3) hours with a lunch break in between the sessions. The session’s outlines are:
Session 1 – Microsoft SBS 2003 R2 – Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 SP2 Features
This session introduces the new features on SBS 2003 R2 in regards to Exchange 2003 SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP2. After completing this course, you will be able to:
· Describe the new flexible client licensing in SBS 2003 R2.
· Identify ways to increase mobile security and efficiency through new Windows Mobile 5.0 policies and Direct Push technology.
· Provide increased message hygiene by using the Open SPF standard as well as an improved Intelligent Message Filter.
· Show how to allow for more storage with an increased mailbox size limit of 75GB.
Session 2 – Microsoft SBS 2003 R2 – Windows SharePoint Services V2.0\V3.0 Features
This session will introduce WSS v2.0, however it will be mainly focused on WSS V3.0. Students will learn the advantages of using Windows SharePoint services in their SBS 2003 R2 environment. After completing this course, you will be able to:
· Describe the benefits of using SharePoint as an information sharing tool.
· Show the advantages of using WSS V3.0 in their environment.
· Preparing for and upgrading to WSS V3.0.
· Integrate WSS V3.0 into Microsoft SBS 2003 R2 environment.
· Utilizing advanced WSS V3.0 features to enhance the current environment.