The MOF/Microsoft products companion guide bridges the gap between high-level service management processes and real-world application by clearly outlining how to apply MOF concepts using Microsoft products. The best practices outlined in this guidance will help facilitate collaboration between IT process and IT technology professionals, and make it easier to achieve improved service management outcomes in a timely manner.
Diagrams of MOF Management Reviews, which summarize the concepts outlined in the corresponding guide, are intended to help organizations ensure that their IT services are on track to deliver expected value. The colorful graphics logically put the goals, process flow steps, key terms, outcomes/metrics, and role types of each management review into context. The visual representations provide the knowledge to help management set goals, evaluate progress, and confirm results.
The reliability workbooks present hands-on tasks that you can fine tune to meet the goals of your organization and the technologies that you use.
Download new MOF resources:
· Bridging from MOF Guidance to Microsoft Products: A MOF Companion Guide: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197223
· Diagrams of MOF Management Reviews: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197224
· MOF Reliability Workbook for DirectAccess: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197225
· MOF Reliability Workbook for Exchange 2010 Client Access and Transport: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197226
· MOF Reliability Workbook for Exchange 2010 Mailbox Services: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197227
· MOF Reliability Workbook for Forefront® Unified Access Gateway: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197228
· MOF Reliability Workbook for SQL Server® 2008: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=197230
Tell us what you think!
Please send your honest and constructive feedback to MOF@microsoft.com.
Tell your peers about MOF 4.0!
Please forward this to anyone who wants to learn more about Microsoft Operations Framework.
More information about MOF 4.0
Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0 incorporates the core requirements of industry best practices and frameworks into one free, easy-to-understand set of guidance. MOF 4.0 delivers practical guidance for everyday practices and activities, helping IT professionals establish and implement reliable, cost-effective technology services. It integrates community-generated processes; governance, risk, and compliance activities; management reviews; and Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF) best practices. MOF 4.0 is a framework that provides guidance across the service management lifecycle.
Join the MOF Beta
Additional MOF content is periodically available for open beta download. For more information on current beta releases, visit the MOF program page on Microsoft Connect.
Join the Microsoft Operations Framework beta today: https://connect.microsoft.com/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=1880&InvitationID=SAMI-HWK9-XB3Y&SiteID=14
Already a member? Bookmark this link for direct access to the beta program: https://connect.microsoft.com/content/content.aspx?ContentID=10313&SiteID=14
Check out all the MOF team has to offer! For additional resources, including our latest companion guides, action plans, and case studies, visit the MOF page on TechNet: http://www.Microsoft.com/MOF.
Already using MOF 4.0? We’d like to hear about your experiences. Send mail to the MOF team: MOF@microsoft.com.