What are the TechNet and MSDN Widgets? The Widgets pull the latest RSS feeds from TechNet and MSDN and offer selections from videos, webcasts, podcasts, TechNet/MSDN Magazines, and TechNet/MSDN Flash. This allows website owners and bloggers to obtain the latest technology content immediately and automatically.
Widget features and highlights:
We’ve gathered and listened to feedback from the initial version of the Widget, and have incorporated into the second version of the Widget:
- User can either embed the default Widget OR tailor their own Widget content (i.e. by keywords, form factors and product).
- Possibility to manage Widget feeds via a self-service admin tool in the Widget.
- Option to customize the Widget with a logo and custom size requirements, then easily incorporate on a blog page, website, or MySpace page (and more) with the embed code provided.
- The Widget has built-in social networking capabilities and can be integrated on profile pages/blogs of sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon etc.
- Stream video via RSS feed.
- Widget supports localization
- Built using Silverlight.