We’re pleased to announce the RTM of System Centre Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2. VMM 2008 R2 RTM is the latest upgrade to VMM 2008, Microsoft’s comprehensive management solution for the virtualised datacentre which enables consolidation of physical servers, rapid provisioning of new virtual machines and unified management of physical and virtual infrastructure through one console. VMM 2008 R2 now manages many of the great new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V including:
- Live Migration -- for moving virtual machines between hosts with no downtime
- Additional enhanced migration support for SAN migration in and out of clusters
- Multiple virtual machines per LUN using Clustered Share Volumes
- Hot add of virtual machine storage
- Functionality to migrate storage for running VMs
- iSCSI target and SAN-based migration across clusters
- Template-based rapid provisioning
- Maintenance mode to automate the evacuation of VMs off host machines,
- Live Migration host compatibility checks
More information about VMM 2008 R2:
- What’s new in VMM 2008 R2?
- Key benefits of VMM 2008 R2
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- To read the announcement about the release of VMM 2008 R2, please visit the VMM Management Blog
Downloading VMM 2008 R2 Evaluation:
The VMM 2008 R2 RTM 180-day evaluation download is located in the Download Centre site.
September 10, 5am NZ time
To learn more about the new features and capabilities of VMM2008 R2, please attend our upcoming TechNet session ‘Technical Overview of System Centre Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2’.
Presented by our Technical Product Manager Kenon Owens, it will be chock full of new and cool VMM 2008 R2 items. Go here to register for this Thursday, September 10, 2009 (5:00 AM NZ) event.
Link to TechNet Session:
Link to VMM 2008 R2 Evaluation Download: