The Exchange team has released Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB 968012) to the download center. The release of the rollup via Microsoft Update will happen on May 26.
As in the previous rollups, we have done a mix of product improvements (aka Critical Design Change Requests) and bug fixes. A few key ones which I would like to call out are as follows.
1) KB 969690 – fixed the issue introduced in Update Rollup 7 which caused the sender of the Delivery Status Notification (DSN) to be unresolved.
2) Disable kernel mode authentication in Windows Server 2008 for CAS servers – As documented here, it was required to manually take the additional step to configure the CAS servers running Windows Server 2008 to disable kernel mode authentication. Starting this rollup, the installer will configure this for you.
3) X-Header promotion to named properties– Change to the way X-headers are promoted to named properties. More on this in Jason’s blog post Named Properties, X-Headers, and You.
4) KB 961606 – Fixed an issue where Outlook Web Access (OWA) users may find that the font size of plain text messages is extremely small when running certain third-party Web browsers instead of Internet Explorer.
KB 968012 has more details about this release and a complete list of all fixes included in this rollup. Info is below:
Issues that the update rollup fixes
Update Rollup 8 for Exchange Server 2007 SP1 fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 948856 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948856/ ) Event ID 9667 occurs when you create a new named property on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 952935 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952935/ ) A software update is available that provides the log tracing feature for the LogTruncator tag in Exchange Server 2007
- 954639 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954639/ ) Exchange Information Store service stops responding intermittently on an Exchange 2007 server
- 955480 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955480/ ) Meeting requests from external senders are displayed as Busy instead of Tentative in an Exchange 2007 environment
- 956633 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956633/ ) User calendar permissions are removed after you run the Set-MailboxCalendarSettings cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 957640 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957640/ ) The "test-*" command fails when you run it on a site that contains only CAS roles in an Exchange 2007 environment
- 958239 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958239/ ) Exchange Server 2007 does not generate an event log message for public folder replication messages even though a property validation exception is thrown and the replications do not occur
- 958881 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958881/ ) All HTML content in attachment files of messages is run through an HTML filter when you open or save the attachment by using Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- 958938 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958938/ ) The importance attribute of a message is lost when an Exchange 2007 user accesses a high-importance message or a low-importance message from Exchange Server 2007 by using a non-Outlook POP3 client or IMAP4 client
- 959510 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959510/ ) A meeting request that is sent from OWA causes a "553 5.0.0 Message-Id header line format error" NDR message in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 959748 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959748/ ) An account with the "Exchange View-Only Administrator" permission can review user mailbox contents by using an administrative application in Exchange Server 2007
- 959861 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959861/ ) Some clients cannot connect to back-end Exchange Server 2003 IMAP servers after Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1 RU2 is applied
- 959990 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959990/ ) An error occurs when you try to update a recurring appointment by using an Outlook client that is connected to an Exchange 2007 server
- 960178 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960178/ ) You receive an NDR when you send an e-mail using OWA Premium and the ANR cache if the Exchange organization name has more than one space
- 960354 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960354/ ) Edge Attachment Filtering does not honor the ExceptionConnectors value in Exchange Server 2007
- 960367 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960367/ ) Error message when you run the Export-Mailbox command on a folder that has more than 5000 items in Exchange 2007: "-1056749164"
- 960495 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960495/ ) The Information Store service crashes continuously on an Exchange Server 2007 server
- 960633 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960633/ ) The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service crashes on an Exchange Server 2007 that has the mailbox server role installed
- 960703 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960703/ ) Extended characters are replaced by question marks when you send an e-mail message that contains extended ASCII characters by using an IMAP4 client in Exchange 2007
- 960775 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960775/ ) You receive a "Message too large for this recipient" NDR that has the original message attached after you restrict the Maximum Message Send Size value in Exchange Server 2007
- 960869 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960869/ ) A queue that has multiple connections cannot enter a Retry state in Exchange Server 2007
- 961152 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961152/ ) The Exchange information store service (Store.exe process) crashes intermittently when you migrate user data from Lotus Notes to Exchange Server 2007
- 961347 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961347/ ) Error message when you export an Exchange 2007 mailbox to a .pst file and a filter is defined: "Export-Mailbox : Error was found for <username> (<SMTP address>)"
- 961443 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961443/ ) Users cannot use Outlook Web Access for Exchange Server 2007 to open an address book
- 961524 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961524/ ) Some journal messages are stuck in the Submission queue in Exchange Server 2007
- 961606 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961606/ ) After you apply Rollup Update 5 for Exchange Server 2007 S961606, Outlook Web Access users find the font size of plain text messages is extremely small when they use some third-party Web browsers
- 961693 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961693/ ) Japanese (1 byte Kana) characters in the subject and display name are corrupted when you try to reply or forward task requests or calendar items in Outlook client
- 962235 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962235/ ) The date and time information for a "Follow Up" flag is missing if an Exchange 2007 user sends a message to an external recipient
- 966535 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/966535/ ) Duplicate messages are sent to an external recipient if the recipient is included in multiple distribution lists in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 967038 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967038/ ) Many log entries are generated in Exchange Server 2007 if you turn on the Exchange log to audit the logons that do not use the primary account for shared resource mailboxes
- 967097 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967097/ ) Users may receive duplicate calendar items for the updated instance on mobile devices
- 967109 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967109/ ) A delegate cannot accept a meeting request for an online meeting in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
- 967255 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967255/ ) Only the tracing information of the last user is logged when you configure Exchange Server 2007 to trace multiple users at the same time
- 968310 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968310/ ) Many log entries are generated on an Exchange Server 2007 computer when you enable the Exchange log to audit user logons that do not use the primary account for their mailbox
- 968352 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968352/ ) The W3wp.exe process crashes when you use the Italian version of the spelling checker on a message in Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2007
- 968589 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968589/ ) The managed policy does not work if the ptagProvisionedFid attribute is missing in Exchange Server 2007
- 968673 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968673/ ) The EdgeTransport.exe file of Exchange 2007 servers crashes continuously and Event ID 10003 and Event ID 5000 occur
- 968745 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968745/ ) Incomplete tasks show in the Complete tasks view in OWA 2007 in an Exchange 2007 environment
- 968966 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968966/ ) Many log entries are generated in Exchange Server 2007 if you turn on the Exchange log to audit administrator logons that do not use the primary account for mailboxes
- 969690 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969690/ ) Unresolved sender for delivery status notifications after applying update rollup 7 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- 970687 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970687/ ) A search operation in Outlook does not return a correct result if there is a corrupted HTML message in the target folder in an Exchange Server 2007 environment
This announcement will also be posted on