The Windows Home Server team, in conjunction with all of our partners, MVPs, and "Dogfooders" is extremely happy to announce that a Release Candidate of Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 (Build 1771) is now available for public download and testing through Microsoft Connect!
Power Pack 1 provides a range of new enhancements, including support for home computers running Windows Vista x64 editions, backup of home server Shared Folders, improvements to remote access, more efficient power consumption, improved performance and support for the Chinese and Japanese languages.
· With Power Pack 1, the Windows Home Server Connector software for home computers is compatible with 64-bit editions of Windows Vista.
· Customers can now backup and restore their pictures, music, and documents that they have in their home server’s Shared Folders.
· Uploading and downloading batches of photos or other files, at home or away, is now easier with the option of ZIP or self extracting .exe files.
· Photos are now presented as thumbnails on the built-in Home Server web page, making it easier for customers, friends and family to see photo collections.
· There is now more granular control of the access various users have to data on a home server. This is particularly useful for home based-businesses who want to give their clients controlled access to certain files.
· Windows Home Server can automatically decrease and increase its power consumption on some processors, meaning making it more energy efficient.
· Windows Home Server now supports and streams Windows Media playlists.
Head on over to Microsoft Connect and sign-up (if you haven’t already) and download and start testing Windows Home Server Power Pack 1.