Below is a listing of resources to help you prepare for Windows Server 2008.
These step-by-step guides help IT Professionals learn about and evaluate Windows Server 2008.
Release documentation containing known issues for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating system.
Learn about some of the new benefits and features in Internet Information Services 7.0 on Windows Server 2008 as experienced during the deployment of IIS 7.0 as the Web and application platform for Microsoft.com.
This white paper introduces Group Policy preferences, a feature new in Microsoft Windows Server 2008, and describes how you can use Group Policy preferences to better deploy and manage operating system and application settings.
These technical overviews provide IT Professionals with information about how a Windows Server 2008 technology works.
Technical documentation for planning, deployment, and operations of Volume Activation 2.0 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Includes the Volume Activation 2.0 Overview, Planning Guide, Deployment Guide, Operations Guide, Resources, and FAQ, and Standard User Product Activation zip file.
Network and Sharing Center is your main portal into the networking components of Windows. The features in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 provide services to view, configure, and troubleshoot network access.
Windows Server 2008 Component Posters, originally printed in the July 2007 issue of TechNet Magazine.
Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 include new features in the TCP/IP stack that enhance network performance.
The Windows Server 2008 Security Guide helps organizations efficiently create, deploy, and maintain a secure environment for a variety of servers running Windows Server 2008, the next major release of Windows Server.
Windows Server 2008 Resources
Learn about using Windows Server 2008 with these resources and documentation.
Browse Server Fundamentals
- Availability and Scalability
- Backup and Recovery
- Performance and Reliability
- Security and Protection
Browse Server Roles
- Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS)
- Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)
- Application Server
- DHCP Server
- DNS Server
- Fax Server
- File Services
- Network Policy and Access Services
- Print Services
- Streaming Media Services
- Terminal Services
- UDDI Services
- Web Server
- Windows Deployment Services
- Windows Server Virtualization
Upcoming Windows2008 Webcasts: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/webcasts.mspx#EIB
On Demand Windows 2008 Webcasts: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/webcasts.mspx#EQC
This e-book includes excerpts from two recent publications from Microsoft Press:
• Introducing Windows Server 2008 by Mitch Tulloch with the Microsoft Windows Server Team (ISBN: 9780735624214)
This e-book covers Windows Server virtualization, managing Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, Terminal Services, and failover clustering.
• Microsoft Windows PowerShell Step by Step by Ed Wilson (ISBN: 9780735623958)
This e-book includes an overview of Windows PowerShell, using Windows PowerShell cmdlets, and leveraging PowerShell providers.
Additional chapters from Introducing Windows Server 2008 will be added periodically, so be sure to come back and read more from expert Mitch Tulloch and the Windows Server team.
Register to get the free e-book offer, and sign up for the Microsoft Press Book Connection newsletter.
Microsoft Official E-Learning courses for Windows Server 2008 provide a simple and effective way to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule.
• Collection 5934: Introducing Windows Server 2008—free for a limited time!
This online learning collection of clinics introduces the new features and functionality in Windows Server 2008. The clinics cover server virtualization, security and policy management, branch office management, centralized application access, and server management. You can take the entire collection of clinics, or just the clinics that interest you.
• Clinic 5935: Introducing Server Virtualization in Windows Server 2008
• Clinic 5936: Introducing Security and Policy Management in Windows Server 2008
• Clinic 5937: Introducing Branch Office Management in Windows Server 2008
• Clinic 5938: Introducing Centralized Application Access in Windows Server 2008
• Clinic 5939: Introducing Server Management in Windows Server 2008
Get a head start on Windows Server 2008. Now is the time to upgrade your technical skills on Windows Server 2008 with Microsoft E-Learning Collection 6041, including access to virtual labs.