Source code for my MIX demo

It’s been a fun conference, getting to show off all the things we’ve been working on. And as usual, its also been a lot of work (both by me and the rest of the Silverlight team).  So before I get completely out of conference mode, I wanted to post Jamie + my fantasy baseball demo + chart. As usual, its a demo so we didn’t get every detail perfect; something I’d like to clean up is the chart control.  I went back and forth on whether I wanted a general chart engine or one specific to the app, so its not entirely consistent. But still useful…

FantasyBaseball.zip

1. It's been a fun conference, getting to show off all the things we've been working on. And as

2. Fido says:

Interesting set of demos you have on the silverlight home..

So i click on the Second demo named Dynamic Ads. So far so good.

Now i pick the first ad (http://ds.pilot.serving-sys.com/BurstingRes/WPFE/msn_tech.html) , the one with the flashy cars.. right click on it and it shows the about silverlight context menu.. great – silver light really rocks.

(http://ds.pilot.serving-sys.com/BurstingRes/WPFE/msn_tech_exp.html)

Now i click on the demo.

aha – more interesting graphics in a new browser.. but wait a minute – from then on, its all flash. I just wished whoever put that demo on the silverlight home page did some more homework.

So much for "Flash killer"..

While it doesnt change my admiration to all the good folks there, i think you can do better than to link to Flash pages.

🙂

Great job !

PS: Someone please scrub that demo link..

3. Binaryjam says:

Woohoo thanks Nick I was dying to get my hands on this source code after listening to your presentation yesterday with Jamie.

I’ve been getting really excited about silverlight till someone said we have to do DDA compliance so forget it.  (Im still gonna play with it though).

4. Binaryjam says:

One of you asked for feedback on what the community wants and I really couldn’t care about datasets I’m a developer I’ll take the data how it comes what I need are controls.

I have the design skills of "Tracy Emin" so whilst it would work it would look like a piece of junk so some pre-built configurable controls would be great, as this tools looks great for data visualisation charting controls are key, please don’t leave it to the third parties again put it in the framework.

5. WynApse says:

The Great Silverlight Alpha 1 .NET/LINQ Talk from MIX — link to MIX sessions site

6. Last Monday I delivered one of the keynotes at the MIX conference in Las Vegas, and discussed a new project

7. Last Monday I delivered one of the keynotes at the MIX conference in Las Vegas, and discussed a new project

8. ASP.NET says:

9. tet says:

Hi Nick

Great session at mix! Could you please post your powerpoint slides as well?

Tom

10. develop .net says:

今度は、MIX07 で基調講演を担当した Scott Guthrie のエントリ をご紹介します。Scott Guthrie は、本社の開発本部における General Manager であり、ASP.NET/AJAX

11. 【原文地址】 Silverlight 【原文发表日期】 Monday, May 07, 2007 2:49 PM 上个星期一,我在拉斯维加斯的MIX大会上做了一个主题演讲,讨论了过去的一年里花费了我大部分时间的一个新项目

12. 【原文地址】 Silverlight 【原文发表日期】 Monday, May 07, 2007 2:49 PM 上个星期一,我在拉斯维加斯的MIX大会上做了一个主题演讲,讨论了过去的一年里花费了我大部分时间的一个新项目:

13. WynApse says:

MIX07 Silverlight Session video and code

14. Silverlight 1.1 has just shipped (as alpha status) but there are already some samples available !! Lutz

15. tongdoudpj says:

Last Monday I delivered one of the keynotes at the MIX conference in Las Vegas, and discussed a new project that I’ve been spending most of my time working on over the last year: Silverlight. Silverlight is a cross platform, cross browser .NET plug-in

16. During the weekend I spent some minutes to collect some of the greatest Silverlight examples. Most of

17. IgorV says:

Took me a bit to figure out where did that "spinnerRotation" came from. Was it x:Name’d from xaml, or is there a way to do it in Blend?

18. The spinner graphic was something I authored in blend.  I forget how I wrote the animation part of this one, you can do a lot of animations in Blend but I suspect I wrote this particular one by hand, since I knew I would be showing the xaml for it.

19. Blogs says:

There's a lot of Silverlight in the air right now. I haven't seen the 'net abuzz like this