Microsoft Ireland are giving away an Xbox One with Kinect each month for the next three months and all you have to do is complete one of the following Microsoft Virtual Academy courses:
- Windows 10 Technical Preview for IT Pros
- Networking Fundamentals
- Getting started with PowerShell 3.0 Jump Start
- Understanding Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure IaaS Deep Dive Jump Start
- Windows Azure Pack: Infrastructure as a Service
- Server Virtualisation with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Centre
- Security Fundamentals
Then, share the course video via Twitter and tag @DXIRL in your tweet. There is a twitter sharing button on the course site, please use that and you will be automatically entered into the draw. Please read the full terms and conditions below before entering and best of luck.
Terms and Conditions
- ELIGIBILITY: This draw is open to any person who is 18 years of age or older who is resident in the Republic of Ireland. Employees of Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited (“Microsoft”), or its affiliates or advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible.
- TO ENTER: Simply watch one of the recommended courses:
Share the video through your Twitter and include @DXIRL – using the Twitter sharing tool on the course site. After sharing, you will automatically be entered into a draw to be in with a chance of winning an Xbox One + Kinect. One winner will be selected per month from April 2015, May 2015 and June 2015. One entry per person. Winner will be contacted directly and through Twitter by @dxirl. No purchase necessary. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TIMING: This promotion runs from March 26, 2015 until 11.59pm on June 23, 2015 ( "Closing Date"). All entries must be received by the Closing Date to be valid.
USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter the draw will be used for the purposes of administering this prize draw only. Your personal data will not be used for marketing activities without your prior permission.
SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winner(s) will be determined by random draw. The winners will be notified by notifying them through their twitter handle by close of day on each Monday of the month . If a potential winner cannot be contacted, through no fault of Microsoft, within TWENTY EIGHT (28) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected at random. The winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
PRIZE: Prizes are as stated and are not transferable or redeemable for cash value. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
WINNERS LIST: The winners consent to their surname being made publicly available. Winners’ names will be available for a period of 4 weeks after the final draw date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either the administration of this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. Without prejudice to paragraph 9 below, in the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.
These Terms and Conditions (and any claim, dispute or matter arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or their enforceability) and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. Please note however that your use of the prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions. Such terms and conditions (if any) will be notified to you separately upon your receipt of the prize.
- C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners.
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC.
- Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Jump Start.
- Developing Universal Windows Apps with C# and XAML.
- HTML5 & CSS3 Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners.
- Creating Games with Project Spark.
- Cross-Platform Development with Xamarin & Visual Studio.
Promoter: Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Building 3, Carmanhall Road, Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18, Ireland.