NETMF 4.3 Released

We are glad to announce today the RTM of the .NET Micro Framework version 4.3.  You can download the SDK and PK as well as the source from our Codeplex project, client_v4_3 branch, at change number 27523

Version 4.3 of the .NET Micro Framework Porting Kit provides the following new features:

• Support for Visual Studio 2012 (including the Windows Desktop Express version)
  • Improved diagnostic information for deployment
  • Decreased Boot Time
  • All v4.2 QFEs features (e.g. WinUSB) and bug fixes (PWM enhancements, lwIP and network driver reliability improvements, Analog Output, WinUSB and latest GCC support)

You can find white papers about NET MF on the documentation page of the project.  You can find the general documentation on MSDN. The 4,3 documentation will be available shortly. PK documentation is in the distribution, under the documentation directory (you will find there also the full .chm help).

1. Jason Porter says:

You guys really ought to port NETMF to the Raspberry Pi.  Their hardware and your platform would make a killer combination.

2. MaximusB says:

Jason, that would be the job of the Raspberry Pi guys. I personally dislike the speed at which manufacturers port newer versions to their products. I doubt 4.3 is already being supported anywhere.

3. Hello I'm new to .NETMF. 4.3 and I'm running VS2012 on Win8.

I just purchased from GHI thier FEZ Spider kit. On several post and docs I see a VS template called Gadgeteer that allows you to visually design a project.

Is that part of 4.3 or 4.3? If 4.2 it doesn't install on Win 8.

Basically my question is , is there any documentation with step by step instructions on how to get  things working? Like how do I update the firmware, deploy and etc…

MHoward

4. Thanh says:

Hi guys,

I try to install version 4.3 but it notifies that this version only support for visual 2012 ????

5. Colinmil says:

Yes  – NETMF Version 4.3 requires VS 2012.. Previous versions support of the VS environments.

6. Doug Wilson says:

Why no new posts since Dec 2012?  Is NETMF dead?

7. martin says:

Two months after last question we can declare that victim is DEAD !

8. Jasmine Kaur says:

I wanna know….that…has the dot net micro framework 4.3 version released or not??

9. Jorgen Sandberg says:

I am new to the Gadgeteer world.

Well, having read the comments posted in 2013, my first question is: Is NETMF still alive?

My next question is: Will there soon be a NETFM version compatible with VS 2013?

Regards,

Jorgen

10. garry says:

Excellent questions, Jorgen. I also wonder if this is a dead-end.

I'm looking towards building single board projects (Raspberry Pi?) and would love to use C# but I'm not sure this is a viable platform…