This article describes how to do the following:
• How to configure a table in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0.
• How to make the table available in Employee Portal in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
This article describes how to do this on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services.
Typically, Employee Portal has only some tables configured for the demonstration site. These tables include the following tables:
• Production BOM
• Sales Header
Note: This article uses the Job (167) table to show you how to add a table to Employee Portal.
To configure a table in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and then make the table available in Employee Portal, follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a new Web part request template card
1. Click Administration, expand Application Setup, expand Employee Portal, and then click Web Part Request Template.
2. Press F3. In the JOBCARD - EP WP Request Template Card dialog box, specify the following settings for the Job (167) table:
a. In the Code box, type JOBCARD.
b. In the Description box, type Job Card.
c. Click to select the Editable check box.
d. In the Type list, click Card.
Note: The settings that you specify depend on the table that you are configuring.
e. In the Caption field, type Job Card.
f. In the Table No. field, click the lookup arrow, and then click the Job (167) table.
g. In the Header or Line field, click Header.
h. If you want to populate the Web part with the first record from the table, click 1 in the First Record Shown field.
i. In the No. of Records field, click the number of records that you want to display in the Web part.
3. Click Table, and then click Card. Or, press SHIFT+F5.
4. In the JOBCARD - EP WP Table Card dialog box, follow these steps in the Code field for the General row:
a. In the Header or Line field, click Header.
b. In the Caption list, click General.
5. Click Tab, and then click Card. Or, press SHIFT+F5.
6. In the JOBCARD 167 Header - EP WP Table Tab Card dialog box, follow these steps:
a. Click the lookup arrow for the Field No field.
b. In the Length field, enter the length for each column.
c. In the Appearance field, click one of the following items for each column:• Visible
• Hidden or Editable
d. In the HTML Layout field, click the type of control to which each field belongs. For example, click Text Field, List, or Check Box.
e. Click to select the Required check box for the required field.
f. If you want to sort the table by a specific field, click to select the Sortable check box.
g. If you want to be able to populate a field by using information from another table, select that field in the table. Next, click the Field button, and then click Lookups. Then, click the table that you want to use to populate the field.
7. You can customize tabs such as the POSTING tab and the DURATION tab by following step 1 through step 6.
You can now use the new Web part request template card together with existing groups. Or, you can create a new group. The new Web part request template card contains a table and its required columns.
Step 2: Add the Web part request template card to a group
1. Click Administration, expand Application Setup, expand Employee Portal, click Group, and then click SALES.
2. In the SALES - EP Group Card dialog box, click the newly created JOBCARD card in the list of Web part request templates.
• Typically, you add the Web part request template card to a group so that the Web part request template card is available on the Web site.
• You can add the same card to multiple groups.
• You can move between groups by using the Next arrow or by using the Previous arrow on the toolbar.
Step 3: Assign the group to a user
A user who has access to the Sales group will also have access to the JOBCARD card that is created and that is added to the group. Otherwise, you must create a new user.
Step 4: Add the Web part to Windows SharePoint Services
1. Open Employee Portal in a Web browser.
2. In the Add Web Parts list, drag the Card Web Part Web part to the location that you want in the window.
3. In the Modify My Web Part box, click Sales in the Group list.
4. In the Web Part Request list, click Job Card, and then click OK. Then, review the Job Card dialog box to make sure that all the fields and all the tabs that you configured are displayed.
Microsoft Dynamics ME
Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) EMEA
“These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights. You assume all risk for your use. “