Upgrading to Dynamics NAV 2018 from Dynamics NAV 2013 or Dynamics NAV 2013 R2

If you want to upgrade a customer's database from Dynamics NAV 2013 or Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, you may have noticed that the latest Dynamics NAV 2018 cumulative update does not have a direct path to upgrade from these earlier versions.

The solution is to upgrade to Dynamics NAV 2018 Cumulative Update 2, and then upgrade to the latest Dynamics NAV 2018 cumulative update.

For more information, see Upgrading to Dynamics NAV 2018, which has been updated accordingly.

We hope this helps those of you who have been confused about Dynamics NAV 2018 Cumulative Update 3, and we apologize for the experience you had. Going forward, please use the processes outlined in Upgrading to Dynamics NAV 2018.

1. Peter says:

What is the reason for this?

2. Jesse Clanette says:

Hi navteam,

What does this mean? Application or Platform? Also what is the issue? CU3 didnt release new upgrade objects but i assumed nothing changed between CU2 and CU3 was the reason for a lack of update. Also the links regarding this issue are mostly broken links.

Thanks,
    Jesse

3. Peter says:

I am sure you know, that each version we have to stop by during an upgrade is a pain, so you must have a very good reason for this.
    I can only see you have added the GDPR property, but that should not be enough reason for this.

So what is the reason for these extra steps we need to do in all future upgrades?

1. When I was testing CU3, I noticed that after object upgrade, I was unable to run the objects with CU2 client version. I also had to update the client to CU3 in order to be able to compile.
      In my opinion GDPR changes are so deep that it would also have been appropiate to call CU3 as R2, but I guess that is reserved for the fall version. I cannot wait to see what that will bring to us!

4. Anonymous says:
    (The content was deleted per user request)
  5. Raluca says:

Hi,
    Is there any news about this?
    If we want to upgrade to CU4 we still have to upgrade to CU2 and then to CU4?

Thanks,
    R

6. Haiko says:

Hi navteam,

any new information about the reason of this “breaking change”.
    We still updating Customer from NAV 2013 R2 to NAV 2018.
    Our Problem is thats we need to install more than one NAV 2018 Version and setup extra patches cause of other NAV-moduls(PMT/HVD).

We would love u if u made it possibil to jump from NAV 2013 R2 to NAV 2018 newest Version in one step.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Skip to main content