Today we are pleased to announce the general availability of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, a milestone release of Microsoft’s business management solution for small and midsized organizations. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 offers significant new capabilities in mobility, business insight, and cloud services, as well as deeper interoperability with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Office 365.
The world has become digital and businesses of all sizes are looking at how best to transform their organizations – to create greater efficiencies and streamlined business processes, to empower workers with insights anywhere and on any device, and to scale and grow securely through the power of the cloud.
New capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 will help SMBs:
- Enable mobile workers on any device with new streamlined, easy-to-use native apps for all form factors of devices – phones, tablets, and mouse and keyboard – running Android, iOS, or Windows.
- Increase business insight with pre-built Microsoft Power BI dashboards and data connections that give teams instant access to key performance indicators in an intuitive, easy to use environment designed for secure collaboration.
- Grow sales, improve customer service, and streamline order-to cash-processes through native integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
- Take advantage of enterprise class scalability, security, and availability in the cloud with the new option to deploy Microsoft Dynamics NAV on Microsoft Azure SQL Database, Microsoft’s industry-leading database-as-a-service in the cloud offering.
- Digitize their businesses with expanded document management, workflow, and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capabilities designed to help SMBs automate processes and eliminate paper-based transactions.
- Tap into the power of the cloud more easily with expanded extensibility and connectivity capabilities to help customers and partners more easily integrate Microsoft Dynamics NAV with other cloud-based services.
You, our partners in the Dynamics NAV partner channel, have always been our biggest asset with the solutions you build. In this release, we offer you a brand new code editor, an event-based extensibility system for minimal upgrade disrupts, and an extension packaging and deployment system that makes it easier than ever for partners to create extensions for NAV that can be quickly and easily upgraded.
At Directions EMEA this week, we are showing a lot of demos that we hope you all will enjoy. Visit the readiness page to access training and resources about Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, and download the product here. For more information, see the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Help in the MSDN Library.
As of October 6, 2015, we are also pleased to announce general availability of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV managed service for partners, a significant new option for Microsoft partners interested in providing multitenant Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions built on Microsoft Dynamics NAV and deployed in the cloud on Microsoft Azure. Partners interested in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV managed service can find more information at https://aka.ms/NAVManagedService. For more information, see Wayne Morris’ announcement here.
Marko Perisic and the rest of the Dynamics NAV team